cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Gulf Stream Endura

cbswilm
Explorer
Explorer
Requesting assistance from this forum as I am looking at a 2005 Gulf Stream Endura model M6340EH. This unit has a Chevy 8.1 Vortec engine with 16,500 miles, 350 hours on the generator. Requesting input concerning pros/cons and or issues from current or past owners to this model and if there is anything particular with this model I should look at.
Craig & Lynn
2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA
5 REPLIES 5

jtbr3
Explorer
Explorer
We have similar model on Kodiak and love our unit. No real issues except basic maintenance(battery, tires, dicor, oil chgs) but I take better care of RV than house. The only major issue ran into was brake line had leak and local CW fixed quickly. Easy to drive and tow a suv.
08 Four Winds Chateau Kodiak 34H

shawdowboss
Explorer
Explorer
Weve got an ultra, but same chassis And engine as yours. The 8 liter is a good engine, good torque. We run synthetic oil changed yearly. Have 50k on it already, bought new.

The only big thing we ran into is there was not a tranny cooler originaly installed, odd but chevy listed it as option on the gas rv chassis (04) and standard on almost All others. Just check To see if you have one.

After monitoring tranny temps 2 yrs ago, put an oem cooler in and only got it to 190 climbing the steep grades on the Ice Fields pkway by Calgary last summer. Ran 160s normal non-climbing with the cooler. Before we ran low 200s and into 250-60s in the mountains.

Mileage for us runs 6-7mpg averaging 63mph Over the life.
2006 Gulfstream Ultra 6331
33' Super C
8.1L V8 Gas

BlueCoyote
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a 05 EnduraMax (Endura with a garage) with the 8.1 and similar miles. Very happy with the quality and the way it performs. Roomy, drives great (it's on a commercial c5500 chassis). Things we needed to address - oil change, trans fluid change (due to age), burned out bulbs, reseal parts of the roof. Everything else was good. It had new tires and batteries so that was covered.
Bet you will be very happy with it.
2005 EnduraMax - camping with a lift gate
1990 Chevy V3500
1987 Bigfoot C11.5 - 4 sale

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We have been well pleased with our class A 2005 GulfStream UltraSupreme. We wold class it as a upper mid-range coach, and quality is as such.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ronfisherman
Same model as mine. Except mine is diesel and 2004. Not a lot of problems. One is the flooring in hallway near bathroom door. In 2006 GS started putting a support on frame to support flooring. I added something similar to mine.
It's my belief that this model RV should come with 245 tires instead of the 225's.
Beyond that the only problems with mine have been age and use issues.
Do not plan on getting high mileage with that engine. But it is a workhorse.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD