cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 Holiday Rambler ride improvement with tires??

rodjburge
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased our 1999 Holiday Rambler 34 foot class A 3 years ago. At the time of purchase decided on new tires. Went with dunlops over michilens to save some bucks but am wondering if I made a mistake and should suck up a new set of michilens. My question to the group is if the michilens would improve the ride enough to warrant the expense of the change over. That would be the primary reason for upgrading as the current ride is very solid over the road bumps.
6 REPLIES 6

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you changed to a higher ply rating, you'll not see enough of a difference to g back to Michellins. As others said, check your air pressure. These tires may need to be run a few pounds lower. Have you actually checked the pressure or just trust that the installer put in the correct amount of air.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
what psi are you running ? A lot of tire places pump them up to maximum

rodjburge
Explorer
Explorer
update on my tire question.....
replaced my front tires only with the hankook brand, subtle improvement but not to the point that I will replace my back tires at this time. Now will be pursuing suspension upgrade. Looking at some new shocks as a possibility. Thank you all for the feedback.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
What psi are you running in your tires? Have you weighed your rig loaded up and ready to roll? Only thing Michelins will do is lighten your wallet and require replacement at 5 years because of excessive sidewall cracks.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
My rig came with Goodyear, replaced them with HanKook AH11, what a difference in the ride and handling.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Several years sgo I took the Michelin tires off our 96 Southwind and replaced them with Hankook.
The Hankook was a much better tire than Michelin, and cost less.

I won't put Michelin's on any RV. However, other people love Michelin.
Are your shocks and other suspension components (air bags?) in good condition?