Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1953 Pontiac Class C

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
This is a Craigslist FIND and a half!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5020861792.html

Of course it is not mine! Just looking around and saw this classic car with a camper body on it!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com
8 REPLIES 8

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Video of launch:
boat-van conversion - YouTube
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Something like that. My idea was on a much smaller scale. I wonder how the pictured rig gets the traction to ramp that big boat. Except ideal conditions at a show maybe. If that 4x4 front axle's limited slip...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
That second Caddy (a '55?) looks like it could have been the first Lazy Daze.

I always wanted to build a single-unit boat transporter. Front of a Toronado, rear of a boat trailer.

Something like this?

I think that Trailer Life or another boating magazine did a review of one of these Ford powered F-350 vans. It was converted with a 4X4 front axle, and is front wheel drive only. IT has something like 150 cubic feet of storage between the nose of the boat and van body.

Yes you could use a FWD Toranado or ElDorado. However the cab would be pretty low, and the front axle weight rating is not all that high. The 5,000 pound rating of a E-350 with a solid front 4X4 axle from a F-350 is used.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
That second Caddy (a '55?) looks like it could have been the first Lazy Daze.

I always wanted to build a single-unit boat transporter. Front of a Toronado, rear of a boat trailer.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could call it a class C, but the RVIA and its classifications and certifications did not yet exist.

The Fleetwood Body long chassis for ambulances, hearses and limousines was also popular for these small motorhomes. This was the "long" chassis shared by Cadillac sedans, Olds 98, top two lines of Buick, and one line of Pontiac.

At funeral homes (which provided most of the ambulance service in that era, with little incentive to get you to the ER on time) the preferred nameplate, at least in SE Michigan, was Cadillac. Specialty ambulance services seemed to like the Pontiac, as it was the least ostentatious marque one could obtain, since Chevrolet did not build on the long wheelbase Fisher Body platform.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
A couple more..

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Straight Eight about Four Feet Long...

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That rig is beyond cool. :C :C :C