cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 volt power switch

USAFRet94
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2007 holiday rambler ambassador. Has been parked for a while, having a new floor installed. When I picked it up the 12 volt activation switch doesn't work. When you press the rocker switch next to the door nothing happens. I have new house batteries and it starts up fine, just no lights , water pump, no generator start. Maybe bad relay or solinoid?
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Happened to me back in 2006 (RV is a 2005) I will tell you 2 "Cheap old man" fixes the first is how I should have done it but.. Well I never do the easy fix 🙂

Identify the fuse.. in an INTELLETEC Battery control center this will be 5 amps. but there are several and I'm not sure which. Make sure fuse is good and pull it.

NOw cycle the switch. On/OFF/ON/OFF or if it's a three position Both USE and Store positions.. oike 50-100 times. Restore fuse and see if you got lucky

How I did it: Removed switch had a "Devil" of a time re-connecting it. blew fuse. but .. IT WORKED and still does.

Next level of testing

The switch has 4 wires. one pair should show POWER and Ground (You will read battey voltage The other two will NOT.. but you should measure a resistance between them LIkely around 10 Ohms..

THe two wires that measure power: The fuse's load side and ground
The two that measure 10 ohms (or about) The solenoid magnet.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
You say it starts up just fine, and it should as the engine uses the chassis battery. It's likely that when working on your coach the guys drained your house batteries. When that happens you won't have any 12v and the disconnect switch may not work either (depending on how your coach is wired). Try charging your house batteries or plug it in to shore power.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Switches rarely fail on Monaco products. The Solenoid(relay) usually fails. The relay is usually located in the LF storage compartment on Most Monaco/HR products. It is on that large board with all the fuses. Doug

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Have you measured the voltage of the house batteries?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Every time my rig has been in a shop for more than a few days, there has always been something else that is damaged. Radio quit working, my rear ladder was damaged. It was my rear camera monitor that was fried the last time. I don’t know what they do but I’ll bet there is a damaged or cut wire on yours from the repair.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The switches fail more often than the relay so I'd start there, then check the relay.