cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yukon Canada

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Good Sam. I am a Canadian living in Whitehorse Yukon. I am going to purchase the roadside assistance plan and just want to make sure it covers me in this area ( Yukon ). I also travel into Alaska ( Haines & Skagway ) a number of times every summer.

Thanks
Pete
22 REPLIES 22

GSRoadsideAssis
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning yukonpete
We are concerned that our communications with you are incomplete. The message below was sent to you on 25 June, and remains unread. I would like to talk with you and address your concerns at your convenience.
“Hello yukonpete. Please accept my apology for incomplete communication. I have noted that both Mark and I requested PMs on 13 June. The RV.net inbox does not show the receipt of any messages from you; perhaps a technical glitch. I would very much like to chat with you and assist you. I would be more than happy to contact you…please send me a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact information: telephone and e-mail. I am looking forward to speaking with you. Thank you, Frank”
Thank you for your membership.

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
cKarlGo wrote:
yukonpete wrote:
So a break down becomes a drama and hours to get help.

Trust me, you'll have that problem with GSRA even if you do have cell phone coverage and are in a major metropolitan area. I can assure you of that from personal experience.

I have used them a few times, no problems at all. I have used them to locate a mobile mechanic, and to tow a rig, and to change a tire when I had my 5'er.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
Greydog 1 wrote:
Did Yukon Pete ever get an answer of any sort ?

Nope and my PM's also went unanswered. It seems like they just paste a standard reply to all questions without even reading the questions. I am thinking about cancelling my coverage since they are incapable or unwilling to give a public answer! My guess is you will get no support at all and when you file a claim it will be denied due to not calling first.

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer
Did Yukon Pete ever get an answer of any sort ?

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
yukonpete wrote:

Hrm. "Service unavailable" strikes again.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
yukonpete wrote:

Trust me, you'll have that problem with GSRA even if you do have cell phone coverage and are in a major metropolitan area. I can assure you of that from personal experience.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
Can I please get my remote area question and PM to GS Admin answered?? I have been waiting a few weeks??

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
Whitehorse has 3 towing companies. All owned by the same person and working out of the one building!

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
in most cases there is only one tow company in these towns anyway so they shouldn't be looking for loop holes for not paying.

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I was in many parts of the US out west where there was no cell service and our only source of help was a kind motorist or a law enforcement officer. I thought about what would happen in a breakdown and how to get RA assistance. I believe the question warrants a public answer. None of us who have RA should have to endure a huge tow bill just because we were not in a position to make the initial call. chiefneon should not have had to stand for a $2000 tow bill and should have at least been reimbursed the cost of a tow to the nearest facility able and willing to repair the problem.

yukonpete
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah and I even sent a PM to the admin with no reply

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted double post.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

So the response from Good Sams is they don't have a answer for a anyone if you have a breakdown and don't have any means to contact them. Adminiatrators have responded to post but not the question everyone wants to know.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

GSRoadsideAssis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your post, yukonpete. I apologize for any difficulties you experienced regarding your membership. I would like the opportunity to speak with you concerning your post. I would be more than happy to contact you…please send me a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact information: telephone and e-mail. I am looking forward to speaking with you. Thank you, Frank