cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Painting in Mexico

mspriggs
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to get my RV totally painted. I live in AZ so easy to get to Rocky Point/Sonoyta Mexico. From reading and talking with people looks like we will go to Rocky Point in April. Need to have RV painted, New Awnings and carpet replaced. Any recommendations? Any idea on cost?

Thank you everyone. Marla
4 REPLIES 4

Talleyho69
We too had an excellent paint job on our RV in an RV park in Mazatlan. Took a week and was fabulous.

I too doubt that anyone would consider coming to the US, even if they could legally enter, to do the job. If nothing else, the paints that they use aren't legal in the US, often.

What's the big deal about buying insurance? It's not expensive.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Navaro has a full shop
Neither they or anyone else will come to the USA
No decent tv park in the USA would allow anyone to paint in their park. Are you aware of the fire hazards and environmental problems. WOW.

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
mspriggs wrote:
I would like to get my RV totally painted. I live in AZ so easy to get to Yuma/Los Algodones Mexico or Rocky Point/Sonoyta Mexico. I do not want to purchase Mexican RV Insurance. I heard the Navarro Brothers do a great job in Algodones near Yuma. Will they come into Yuma and work out of one of the RV parks? In Sonoyta do you have any recommendations for painters and what RV park? Will they come across the border and work out of an RV park close to the border. If so what park I believe I can take the RV into Mexico in only a border town with no problems. Any advise and what I would expect to pay for a 37 ft 4 slide RV? If you have any phone numbers or web pages for anyone that would help.
Thanks everyone. Marla

Rocky Point. Yes. You will need mexican insurance, so I guess that's out. Sonyota. Most of us just drive thru with our rv's, to Rocky Point.

Doubtful anyone will travel to US to paint an rv.

Mine took 4 days to prep and paint in Rocky Point. They did it at an rv park.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
mspriggs wrote:
Will they come into Yuma and work out of one of the RV parks?

I hope not...LOL

Painting a vehicle requires good prep work to get a good finish that won't peel, also lots of masking when the vehicle is sprayed. Usually a1 or more base coats followed by a clear topcoat. The process needs to be done in as dust-free an environment as possible, not outdoors in an RV park.

Unless these guys offer a brush-n -roller special!