cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dentist work in Mexico (Implant)

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard there are some dentists in Mexico. I need 2 implants with the crowns down. Anyone have any experience with this.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)
7 REPLIES 7

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years I have met many people that are happy with Mexican dental work. They all did their homework, and got recommendations from fellow traveler's prior.

But my 2c's on the topic is it's like buying a used car off a lot. If the car says "with warranty" expect to pay more then for the same car with "as is" on it. IMO that is the price difference between the two countries.

One lady I know I think has it figured out pretty well. Once a year she gets cleaned and checked in the US. Her long time dentist looks over all her Mexican dental work, and then sends her home with a clean bill of health. He knows she's on a fixed income and is good with it.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. The article above was really helpful. I do have an appointment next week with a dentist in my area. They say they can do an implant for 2000. that is alot better then the dentist I usually go to( he wants to charge me apx. 4000)which I am not willing to pay.
Wish me luck next week, if it doesn't work out I will have to think about Mexico again.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a good report on dental work in Mexico. Note that this article is in two parts. Many, many people use Mexican dentists and are very satisfied with them. The popular places are Progresso, Texas and Algodonas, Arizona. Take your RV to one of those areas and start talking to other RVers to see who they use for recommendations.

http://wheelingit.us/2013/01/16/getting-dental-work-in-mexico-part-i-clarifying-myths-facts/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

judy_frank
Explorer
Explorer
I just had multiple crowns done in Los Algodones by Circle Dental and am very pleased with the results. My brother in law had crowns done last year and is also pleased. After walking around the area, I would be very careful of the "hawkers" who try to get you to use their dentist. Get recommendations from someone who has used the particular dentist. Be careful of being oversold by whom ever you chose.

PM me for further info.
Judy and Frank and Missy (purr-person)
2001 Ford F-250 4X4 Powerstroke 7.3L Extended Cab Long Bed
Crossroads Cruiser 28RL double slide 5th wheel

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the border towns are covered with farmacias and dentists. People cross over in droves.
Funny story. I was walking by one dentist office and it had the dentist's name and U.A.B under it.
Being from Alabama, I associated it with the University of Alabama-Birmingham which has a fine dental school.

It was Universidad Something Baja instead.

Coworker had Lasik done in Monterey but knew the optician's brother.
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
DJGARCIA makes a good point...regarding your "home town dentist". I've been to Algodonis (sp) Mexico...not far from Yuma on I-8 and there is a 4 block area that has nothing but dentists, optometrists, pharmacies, aggressive street vendors and a delightful outdoor cafe called Paradiso.
Word of mouth says these dentists are all "U.S. trained"...and I've met a few Americans in AZ while snowbirding that say they are very satisfied with what dentistry skills were done to them. Doing some numbers...IF these dentists are as good as they would like you to think...If I needed work done OVER $5000, it might be worth my while to return to this town. Maybe. If.
Personally, all I can say is the vendors have some great stuff...and the Paradiso has great food and drink.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
khager76248 wrote:
I have heard there are some dentists in Mexico. I need 2 implants with the crowns down. Anyone have any experience with this.

Do some research. Ask your home town dentist if he/she will repair/fix your mexican dental work if you should have any dental problems after you leave mexico unless you are willing to drive back down to Mexico.