cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Closing campgrounds and no where to go

luvmydogs
Explorer
Explorer
So what are all the full timers who don't have a physical home doing? We were looking for a house and cannot do that now either. We are in Pa. and just made it getting a spot at a campground for a month. I agree with one who said, what better way to distance than a campground. Don't the state realize some of those who full time don't have a stick built house to retreat to?
32 REPLIES 32

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Overcome your fear.

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
Come to Arkansas all state parks are open.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
All rest areas and turnpike service areas were open along our travels. The food service were To-Go only but still available. In the rest areas, only the parking area was open. Everything else, including the restrooms, was closed.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
A64, friends of ours arrived home from Florida on Tuesday. They left at 4 am and arrived at home about 9 pm (in Virginia). She said they found places to eat and "Pit stop" all along the way. They were not in an RV, but in their Suburban.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plenty of open campgrounds as well. 3rd night stop. 3rd open campground. No issues. They have all been no-touch with has been a bonus. Just pick up the envelope with your info, get to the site and wash your hands well. Leaving Kansas tomorrow for Denver! Athens, GA to Denver, CO, no problems.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
We are facing some of the same challenges. We are in the middle of a relocation. Back in January I accepted a new position with my company and we are moving from Franklin Co. PA to the Orlando FL area. Wow, did this turn frustrating quick.

3 weeks ago, our house goods were packed and picked up. Since January, I have been flying back and forth from PA to Orlando, alternating 2 weeks in each location, doing both roles until a back fill can be identified. We have been finishing up projects to get the house ready for sale (paint, carpet, etc) and just moved into the RV. We had planned on finding a local RV resort in PA, but ended up staying parked in our yard, much to my neighbor's and HOA's dismay. Luckily my neighbors are understanding given the circumstances. Also, we secured a spot in an RV resort in Clermont FL. The plan was to drive to FL April 5. We face several challenges going forward.

1. will travel restrictions stop us from moving at all. Orange Co. FL is under a "shelter in place" order.

2. Will we find any place to stay for the 2-3 day trip?

3. Once in FL, will we get stopped and forced to quarantine for 2 weeks?

4. Selling our home is on hold for now, most realtor offices are closed and our company provided agent isn't sure when they will reopen. Buying land or home in FL will also be on hold, since we planned on rolling equity into our new home. Not sure we will have any equity once the dust settled.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I have a job where I am considered essential (defense sustainment). My wife is a Nurse and will work until 4/3 as well.

Good luck to everyone struggling during this time. I hope you find an RV park that will accommodate.

Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HDโ€™s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
As of Friday, March 27th both Tennessee & Virginia are closing their state park campgrounds. I was hoping to wait a couple of weeks before heading to NY, but I'll be hitting a couple of KOAs and be hunkering down at home on Monday.

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Just posted that all Virginia State Parks will be closing this Friday.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some of the counties in Wisconsin do not let you camp on vacant land without paying a per night fee to the county. This includes your own person property. Camping in some state forests is ok but you have to find out from each state forest office.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plenty of public lands in the West.
IN the East maybe the thing to do is get permission to stay on private land.

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
My family has a spot that has old trailer that we are going to tear down. Come north to Brackney, Pa. We'll set you up til winter.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's mostly the publicly owned parks that are shutting down.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
SC state parks are open.

Only if you have reservations and they aren't taking anymore reservations until May.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
He mentioned private campgrounds.

Unlike some people from the western states, Old Biscuit understands that federal land boondocking isn't available in a lot of states east of the Rockies.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Boondock
PRIVATE Cgs

Options are available ----one only needs to do a little research

In some places they are available. In other places, boondocking will get you thrown in jail!
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW