cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the FT forum page

avan
Explorer
Explorer
After having full timed with my wife for 14 yrs, we gave it up and bought a condo in Naples, FL DW of 47 yrs passed 7 yrs ago and after a few years recovering from the shock and sorrow, I again bought a RV 3 yrs ago to dip my toes back into RVing to see if it was still fun. It was. And so, I am selling my condo and I left at the end of March 2018 to once again full time - this time solo. So far, I think it has been a good decision.

So, hello again! :C
www.putt10.net
12 REPLIES 12

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Yours is the most difficult journey of all, I think. May God be with you both!
www.putt10.net

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome back! I too am in a similar life situation. I hope full-timing solo brings you happiness and helps you to understand life's mysteries. My exploration has yet to begin. My sympathies on the loss of your DW. My DW of 44 years is in home hospice now. I thought we'd start the journey together but God has other plans.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
So glad you are back and finding new rv adventures!!!

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx! What did I miss? :B
www.putt10.net

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back!
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be successful at this for as long as you want or are able. I'm glad you found that you enjoy public parks now rather than private parks. Public parks can give you the much-needed peace and calm that everyone can use at times. Keep in mind that there are many solo RVers out there so definitely approach them if you know this - if that's something you would do. You may find that you have something in common such as hiking or local siteseeing and at times, that may be an enjoyable thing for you to do. Even going into town for a meal and conversation could be a nice change for both of you. I know a lot of solos would love doing something with someone else for a change. Enjoy!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck to you, avan. Have followed your posts. Glad you are hitting the road full-time. Solo, is a lot different, but when one loses their spouse,
lots of things are different and life will not be the same again. We just have to adjust to the new life and go on.

I, too, travel a different style since my husband died. But, I am traveling. Have a furkid, so that is a good thing.

Happy trails, and here's to new scenery.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! Enjoy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

avan
Explorer
Explorer
2G: Yes I know what it's like and am finding I enjoy it as much as ever. It is different for me this time around, now solo. No longer pulling a 40' 5th with a Int'l tractor and looking for f/h/u sites with all the amenities. During our previous years we never boondocked once and I think I can count the times we stayed at a public campground on one hand. Borrowing from Tiffin, we were 'roughing it {as} smoothly" as we could possibly find.

So now I have a considerably smaller unit and in the past 3 summers of travel and now full time, I rarely use a private campground. My first choice now is one of the amazing COE parks out there, or State, City or County parks, ELKs, Cracker Barrels (not so fond of Wally World) or from time to time as I did last summer, along side the road on the Gaspe' Penin. It's a great way to live! Hope I have a few more years before having to hang up the keys again.
www.putt10.net

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Dale and Terry! I just spent a couple of days in Pancho Villa SP in Columbus NM. Crossed the border a few times to Farmacia Express to pick up a year+ supply of my meds. I can get about 15 months for cash in MX for less than what I have to pay AS A copay for a 3 month supply using Medicare Part D. A really screwed up governmental handout to big pharma.

I am now in Silver City NM at the ELKs. It may not be heavily landscaped and have a pool etc but it has great RV sites with very modern full hookups, incl 50 amp. Enjoyed their steak fry this evening. Got to head to ABQ in a couple of weeks to fly back to DC for my youngest grandchild/granddaughter's HS graduation. How time flies! Oldest grandson graduation from Univ of GA, middle grandson to be a junior at Univ of Oklahoma and now the grandbaby heading to Virginia Tech. Makes me feel tired and old.

Once back to ABQ,I will head out again but have no clue where. Maybe I'll run into the two of you somewhere - I'll be sure to see you with that new shiny Phaeton Place front shield 🙂

Deb's in MI but I don't think she's all that sure where she's heading from there either. She caught the wander bug from us. I moved into a PMB real near hers in Sioux Falls so I can head to her mail folder to borrow a cup of sugar. 🙂
www.putt10.net

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Much happiness to you!! You know what it's like so that's a good head start.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We're still here!! Heading out of Tampa tomorrow. Will be in NW Alabama the second week of June. Heading for Northern IN, July, Aug and Sept. Where are you at MI?
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog