cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

glock35ipsc
Explorer
Explorer
Our "new" fiver; 1991 Fleetwood Wilderness 25.5H. Original owner bought it new, parked it in a year-round RV park, and it never left until he sold it. It is like brand new inside! No leaks, no tears, everything checked out and works fine.

2002 GMC 1500HD CC, 6.0L/4L80E/3.73, W4M Performance PCM, cold air intake
1991 Fleetwood Wilderness 25.5 fiver
2005 Mirage 20' Enclosed Snowmobile Trailer, fully finished
2004 Yamaha V-Star 650
1998 Harley Sportster XLH883
2000 Ski-Doo MXZ700 (x2)

GARYMAC20002000
Explorer
Explorer
HELP PLEASE
I just bought a 2001 alfa gold 5th wheel that the dry weight is 13,500 lbs. I am looking for advice as to weather I should be looking at FORD F-350 ,or do I need to go by the GVWR on the truck?? If so I would need a F-550 with the GVWR at 18000 , witch is the loaded weight of the 5'er
I see a lot of photos of F-350 and Ram 3500 ,but is it because your 5'ers are lighter or am I wrong in my thinking?????????
Please help a.s.a.p, so I can make shure the truck I get is the right truck.

plumqik
Explorer
Explorer
Cheryl & Ron Butler, St. Augustine, FL
2006 GMC 3500 Turbo Duramax/Allison 3.73 LB ExtCab, Line-X bed liner
2006 FR Cardinal 37RL w/ 4 slides, Prodigy brake controller, Draw Tite 16K hitch, Yamaha 3000iSEB generator, Xcom wireless cam & 9 Yorkies (yes~9!)

riverotter55
Explorer
Explorer
Biger pics soon!!
DW, Me,& Dawg
CF29RK - Cruiser (07)
F250 PSD (7.3 ) XLT (02)
You CAN get there from here it just takes longer !!!!! :R

tag0273
Explorer
Explorer
Our first trip out in our new Durango 325BHx3. We traded up from a lightweight 25' TT - man what a difference. Happy camping!

Mom,Dad and 2 fast growing young boyz
07 Durango 325BHx3
02 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
06 Fusion SEL V6

juzplanekrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Scott, Of course I've been asked this before. Well I'm doing it, and all the weights you stated are right on the money. GVWR of my trailer is 18,000, but that's what it can max at, not what it is. Fully loaded for a trip it weighs 14,000 to 13,500. Although I'm under on GCVWR and max tow rating, I'm over on GVWR for the truck by 400lbs. I'm fine with those numbers and the rig pulls, stops and rides beautiful. KZ makes a awesome toyhauler and with the aluminum frame it has helped a lot with total weight.
2021 Dodge Ram Longhorn 4x4 Dually
2019 KZ Durango Gold 371
B & W Companion 25K

phalynx
Explorer
Explorer
juzplaincrazy,

Not to shy off topic but this has been really bugging me lately. How can you tow the 5th wheel you have with the Dodge Mega Cab? I was looking at them yesterday and I noticed that they have almost no payload capacity for a 1 ton truck with the mega cab. According to Dodge, that max payload for the truck with 4wd, single rear wheels and a mega cab is 2767 lbs. Maximum tow rating of 15100. Your 5'er is 2974 dry hitch weight and 17900 GVWR. Granted, I realize that you may not fill the trailer up, but it's the pin rating that bothers me. I don't see why Dodge would limit a 1 ton truck to a 3/4 ton payload rating either. I am not pointing any fingers to you, just looking for an answer. I would like to get a Mega cab but the limits they put on them really concern me.

thanks,
Scott
Our American Adventure RV Fulltiming with Kids Blog
'07 Chevy 3500HD D/A CC 4wd
'07 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 37KGx2

juzplanekrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I posted a picture a few months back, but it was deleted when I cleaned up my photobucket file. So here's a few new one's. The wife and I are still having the time of our life's in it.
We have about 4,000 miles traveled in it so far, and not a glitch yet.

2021 Dodge Ram Longhorn 4x4 Dually
2019 KZ Durango Gold 371
B & W Companion 25K

Cabriolet86
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazed51 wrote:

Thanks for the pics. One more question, if you have a big semi like that do you have to get a CDL or anything? Again, thanks.
Yes, you will need a CDL if you use a Tractor to pull with.

No, not necessarily. Many of these rigs are registered as motorhomes in your home state, and therefore require no additional licensing.

Jetsfan68
Explorer
Explorer
2001 F250SD 4x4 Crew- V10/Lariat 4.30 Rear- New Ride-Rites
*NEW* 2005 Durango by KZ 295BH 30' bunkhouse

Qtrmidget
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few pictures of our 5er
Logans Landing in Alabama

DH cooking!!!!

Spoiled Rotten Poodle taking a nap
Jimmie & Pam :W & :B
22 Year old Son(Dakota)& his friends :E
Tazz (Spoiled Rotten Toy Poodle):B
Ditto Blk Lab-non camper:(
Jagger Qtr Horse-non camper:M
Partner Qtr Horse-non camper:M

2004 Open Road 360RKDS
2006 F-350 PSD CC King Ranch FX4

Bentrods
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazed51 wrote:
Thanks for the pics. One more question, if you have a big semi like that do you have to get a CDL or anything? Again, thanks.
Yes, you will need a CDL if you use a Tractor to pull with.

Pics of both of my rigs in profile:
1998 Pace Arrow 34J, Vortec 454 P-37, 20386 Miles
Banks Full PowerPackage, Bilsteins, Safe-T-Plus
1989 Toyota PU SR5 V6 5speed Extra Cab Toad, 139000 Miles
1996 Damon Challanger 5th Wheel M-33RKB-34ft
On The Colorado River in Earp CA on The Parker Strip

soon519
Explorer
Explorer
After a few years away from RVing here's my new unit.

Hope the picture worked.

2010 Jayco Eagle 321RLMS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax CC 4x4

rusty_poth
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Frank.
Retired 22 years Regular Force (Army/Air Force), 3 years Army Reserves.

2004 Dodge 1 Ton 5.9 Cummins, 2004 Thor Jazz 3100XL 5th Wheel.

jupiter_rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is in the profile
2007 - 36 Cedar Creek CDTS
2005 - F350 King Ranch 6.0, 16K Superglide