cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WW Repairs

dedmiston
As just about all of us have read here, certain models of WW trailers have defects that have resulted in a number of different problems. To one degree or another, this subject has come up on this forum and most of the posts have eventually been locked and/or deleted. The forum administration has decided to make a one-time exception and allow this thread in order to help our forum members get informed and hopefully get their trailers repaired.

IMPORTANT GROUND RULES:
  • This thread is a one-off exception to the following forum rule:
    Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
    This exception applies to this one thread only. This rule will continue to be enforced in other threads. So keep the WW class action discussion in this thread, or your posts will be deleted.

• The following rule will still be enforced:
    You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
    In other words, no bashing allowed. This thread is for disseminating information, not venting your spleen. Flaming, trolling, bashing, etc. will not be permitted.

• Only general discussion of these problems and repairs are allowed. Specific questions about individual circumstances are not allowed ("my XYZ is bent, does this situation apply to me?").

• We all have brains. Please use them. Verify what you read here. I am wrong all the time. Please don't rely on me for any decisions you may choose to make. If you make a bad call, don't blame me, please.

• For the sake of full disclosure, I own a 2005 FS2600 and am having trouble with my trailer. I consider myself fairly objective, but that doesn't mean I don't ever have biases. In some recent cases where I could not be objective, I defered to Y-Guy and Admin to take the wheel. In this thread I will tell you what I've done and what my experiences have been.
Now, with that out of the way...

As most of you know, there has been a class action suit and Weekend Warrior is settling with the class. Here's a link to the Settlement Agreement: http://www.trailersettlement.com/sa.pdf. I won't go into the details of the settlement, because I don't want to be in the position of interpreting it or giving any legal clarification or advice. So if you're having trouble with your trailer, this is one possible avenue. Contact (866)459-6003 or visit www.trailersettlement.com for information about the class action settlement. They can tell you whether you qualify and where to go from there.

That's one option.

Without going into too many details, I discovered some problems with my trailer. After seeing pictures of some that were worse than mine, I decided I'd better do something before it got worse. However, I'm not a fan of class action suits. I've received too many checks for $10 in the mail to cover one class action or another. I didn't want to take the chance of having my trailer only partially fixed or having to personally pay a bunch of money for only half a fix. So I contacted Weekend Warrior directly and told them about my problems. Couldn't hurt, right?

Know what they said? "Let's make an appointment for you to bring it in and we'll fix it." :E

So yesterday I took my trailer down to beautiful Perris and dropped it off. I asked about the cost, and my service writer said they'd FIX IT. I watched him write up his sheet and he only filled in prices for the extra items I requested (fair 'nuf). Being the selfish guy I am, I took this bit of good news and high tailed it out of there counting myself a very lucky man. Sure, it would have been better if it hadn't broken in the first place. But the past can't be changed. I just want mine fixed.

After feeling fairly secure that I had MINE taken care of, I wanted to find out if I had just personally hit the jackpot or if this was the WW policy in these cases. So I contacted someone higher up at WW to find out if other people in this same situation could expect the same treatment. Here's what I was told:
Any customer who currently has an issue, we are standing behind [them]. If they have an issue that has not been resolved, we are directing them to contact us here, locally, or the dealership in their area.

We are standing behind our product. By that, I mean we are fixing anything that needs to be fixed as long as there are no apparent signs of abuse. If the consumer is, however, looking for any type of monetary compensation then we cannot directly assist them. They would then need to contact the (866)459-6003 number or visit www.trailersettlement.com.

There's your other option.

If you choose to contact Weekend Warrior directly for repairs, call (909)579-0353. The operator in Upland routes the calls to the appropriate repair facility in Perris (Superlite or Normal).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
585 REPLIES 585

Steve92004
Explorer
Explorer
SuperDave23 wrote:
Interesting! That would definitely be a LOT easier. I assume you ran the 2x2 tubing back as far as possible to the rear? If I could figure out a way to bend the tongue back straight we could probably do that. A guy here at work does custom 4x4 chassis work on the side, he might have some ideas.

The spring hanger bracket I've seen photos of earlier in the thread, that looks super simple.

I thought there was additional outriggers for the wall and other reinforcement required or just the spring hanger reinforcements? Mine is the short 2300 version, so maybe that was on the larger ones?

Yes I ran the reinforcing tube all the way back to the frame
I saw there were heavier gauge outriggers that I didn't do... yet
There are some videos on how to check if your walls are dropping and mine aren't

Here's a supposed drawing of the actual WW tongue fix
I'm guessing the red line is the front wall of the trailer

SuperDave23
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting! That would definitely be a LOT easier. I assume you ran the 2x2 tubing back as far as possible to the rear? If I could figure out a way to bend the tongue back straight we could probably do that. A guy here at work does custom 4x4 chassis work on the side, he might have some ideas.

The spring hanger bracket I've seen photos of earlier in the thread, that looks super simple.

I thought there was additional outriggers for the wall and other reinforcement required or just the spring hanger reinforcements? Mine is the short 2300 version, so maybe that was on the larger ones?

Steve92004
Explorer
Explorer
SuperDave23 wrote:
Talked to SoCalRV. They estimated around $1500 for the tongue repairs and around $2500-3000 for the other frame upgrades, depending on the year (I guess the frames did change throughout the years). Not firm numbers as they would have to assess the trailer in person.

They are a 6hr drive from here.

At this point got to wonder about the benefit of investing $5k into the trailer. According to NADA it's only worth around $7-8k, but Toy Haulers in this vintage typically go for around $10k on Craigslist.

I found some photos on the Glamis forums from a place that reinforces WW frames
Mine had the newer 3/16" tongue but I decided not to take any chances
I did the reinforcements myself
It was a 2x2" 3/16" thick square tube welded along the bottom of the A Frame to stop it from bending
Also ran/welded the same 2x2" square tube underneath the trailer from each leaf spring hanger to the corresponding hanger on the other side. That stops the frame from twisting and getting the "dropping walls" syndrome
It was super easy to do and cost about 60 bucks in metal

SuperDave23
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to SoCalRV. They estimated around $1500 for the tongue repairs and around $2500-3000 for the other frame upgrades, depending on the year (I guess the frames did change throughout the years). Not firm numbers as they would have to assess the trailer in person.

They are a 6hr drive from here.

At this point got to wonder about the benefit of investing $5k into the trailer. According to NADA it's only worth around $7-8k, but Toy Haulers in this vintage typically go for around $10k on Craigslist.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Jim at SoCalRV repair.

http://socalrvdoctor.com/

He is the main man in your neck of the woods to fix Warrior issues.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't hear from anyone else regarding the diagrams I would call Warrior Lifestyles in Corona, CA. They are the ones that have been doing the majority of these repairs and should have copies.
Good Luck!

SuperDave23
Explorer
Explorer
Reviving the old thread. I've read all 57 pages (over multiple sittings!) and saw everything about reinforcing the frame on the Superlite models. Back in 2008 everyone had access to the Class Action Suit documents which I guess detailed the repairs necessary. I've been searching for these documents without much luck. Did anyone happen to save the frame reinforcement diagrams?

This is for a 2004 FS2300 that has a bent tongue. I measured about 2" of rise from the front of the trailer box to the ball hitch. Yes, it still has the 1/8" 2x4 square tubing. Also looking to do the other frame reinforcement. Fortunately the trailer doeesn't seem to be exhibiting any of the other issues besides the bent tongue.

I'm hoping to line up some local skilled fabricators to perform the repairs, and having the drawings would be a big help!

Thank you!
-Dave

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
And a note to WW owners, the wall footer is made of two, 1.25x1.75" strips of wood with the linoleum sandwiched between them. That explains why there are 2 bolts at every outrigger from the frame.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Wizbangdoodle wrote:
Thanks for the link. Great write-up and repair btw.

My tailgate has that flooring material that you see in the galley of a 737. Kind of a rubber/plastic flooring. Very durable. Was wondering what you ended up doing to the deck of your repair?

I guess I'll plan on a major rebuild. Not the first time I've had to do something like this on this trailer. Had to replace all the wood in the lower wall over the wheels as the spray from the wheels had rotted everything out. From main door to garage man door has been replaced. Not fun.

I some paint from the local big box that the person there recommended and added an aggregate to it. (not sure if the one I linked to is exactly the same product - it has been a while!) but it worked very well!
One beautiful wife
Mattie and Trooper the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 with 2008 Lance 1181
2015 Jeep Wrangler toad w/ ReadyBrake/Brute
Web Site

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link. Great write-up and repair btw.

My tailgate has that flooring material that you see in the galley of a 737. Kind of a rubber/plastic flooring. Very durable. Was wondering what you ended up doing to the deck of your repair?

I guess I'll plan on a major rebuild. Not the first time I've had to do something like this on this trailer. Had to replace all the wood in the lower wall over the wheels as the spray from the wheels had rotted everything out. From main door to garage man door has been replaced. Not fun.
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Wizbangdoodle wrote:
Has anyone had to repair their tailgate? I have a soft spot on mine and will have to tear into it some time this year and I just want to know what to expect.

What to expect? Be prepared to rebuild the entire thing. I had a "soft spot" and ended up rebuilding the the entire thing as the water had rotted out half of it.

See my post Rotten Ramp Ruins Relaxing Recreation
One beautiful wife
Mattie and Trooper the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 with 2008 Lance 1181
2015 Jeep Wrangler toad w/ ReadyBrake/Brute
Web Site

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
lngwca2600 wrote:
Wizbangdoodle wrote:
Has anyone had to repair their tailgate? I have a soft spot on mine and will have to tear into it some time this year and I just want to know what to expect.

Repair shop had to rebuild mine from being rear ended. Nothing crazy. I did reinforce with angle to strengthin it. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

Outstanding. Would love to see some disassembled pics.

lngwca2600
Explorer
Explorer
Wizbangdoodle wrote:

Repair shop had to rebuild mine from being rear ended. Nothing crazy. I did reinforce with angle to strengthin it. I'll see if I can find some pictures.
2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Stock
2008 Weekend Warrior FSW2800 Loaded w/ Couch Slide
2009 Yamaha Rhino
2007 Honda CRF250r
2006 Polaris Predator 50
2005 Suzuki JR50
1988 Honda Fourtrax 70 restored

Sold - 2004 F150
Sold - 2007 WW FS2500
Sold - 2002 Yamaha Banshee

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer

NorthernCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
What we were told......to file the insurance claim the repair shop needs to state that the damage to the frame could have been caused by traveling down a rough backroad with many unimproved areas such as deep potholes.....being that it is a toy hauler it should not be a problem....Good Luck!