Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to route cables from the roof

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
Good day folks,

I'm needing to put a wifi\LTE antenna on Fuzion toyhauler and was wondering where best to route the cable? I work out of the garage as my office and have the router there as well. I'm trying to avoid drilling into the roof if at all possible. We've got a 2015 Fuzion 371 toyhauler if that helps... The antenna is a nimo wifi,LTE antenna with 3 seprate cables I'll be routing and the cables are 15 ft long.
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....
9 REPLIES 9

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Typically the toilet vent is run inside a wall. Gently pulling off the wall panelling might reveal a great "chase"to run from next to the roof vent cap all the way down to under the floor.

That's what I did on our 5er when I ran the solar wiring.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
When i installed my Weboost cell booster I just connected mine to the satellite connector on the outside of the rig and connected the booster to the satellite connector on the inside.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah; the refrigerator vent is easy-peasy.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
awesome, thanks for the great ideas. I plan on doing it this weekend, will see what works best.
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
When the techs installed my satellite dish they ran the cable down the refrigerator vent, under the floor and up to the television.

This is what I did. I had about 8' laying on the roof so I put a small bit of sealant on the cable every 12"-14" to keep it from flapping and wearing a hole in something.
Every hole in the roof is just another place for a possible leak.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
That toyhauler has a door on the back. Loop them out a top corner,when needed.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve seen some run wires from solar panels down through the rooftop refrigerator vent.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
When the techs installed my satellite dish they ran the cable down the refrigerator vent, under the floor and up to the television.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Done correctly theres nothing wrong with drilling through the roof. Find a cable cover to go over the hole. I know Winegard ships them with the travler, so I assume there available on the net.