cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

EBX
Explorer
Explorer
1. Put a 14" x 21" sliding window in the bathroom. Not even a vent in there.

2. Shelf on front wall.

3. Ran two over head lights in the front.

4. Made a step for the bathroom access.

5. Installed Reese weight distribution and Dual Cam HP.

6. Steam cleaned all the upholstery and carpet.

7. Installed two 2" pvc pipes for extension cord access the the outside. I plan on running electric space heaters on one from the 20 amp at the tower so I don't have to run it through the trailer 30 amp panel. Hopefully no breaker pop when on tv, coffee maker, micro wave.

8. Made a counter top extension for the kitchen. Never enough counter space.

9. Replace all the tires with new ones.

10. Moved the top bunk bed up 10" so I can get in it with the atv in the garage.

...and the "to do" list continues.
'03 Ford Excursion, (6.0 diesel), Prodigy, Timbrens, Hensley.
TT - '04 Dutchmen 35ES-DSL, laminate sides, 3 SLIDES (including MB slide option.

My Camper Pics

high_desert
Explorer
Explorer
The water pump in our Fuzion would start sucking air when the gauge read 13% (as per Seelevel tank monitor). Keystone toyhaulers have the fittings on the side of the water tanks which is the cause of the problem. I plugged the original fittings and tee'd off the drains on the bottom of the tanks to solve the issue. Now we can use every drop we carry.

06 Silverado 3500 CC DRW 4x4 LT3 D/A
09 Fuzion 393 Touring Edition
Banks SpeedBrake & Economind Power Pack tuner
TrailerSaver Air Ride hitch (TS3)
BrakeSmart
08 Polaris Outlaw 525 KTM IRS
08 Honda TRX 400 EX
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
Honda TRX 250 EX

high_desert
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the el cheapo 6 AWG 18 strand wire running between the batteries, main panel and converter/chargers and replaced them with 4 AWG 1666 strand wire.

06 Silverado 3500 CC DRW 4x4 LT3 D/A
09 Fuzion 393 Touring Edition
Banks SpeedBrake & Economind Power Pack tuner
TrailerSaver Air Ride hitch (TS3)
BrakeSmart
08 Polaris Outlaw 525 KTM IRS
08 Honda TRX 400 EX
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
Honda TRX 250 EX

randot
Explorer
Explorer
Added these motion lights over both doors

and fixed license plate so it doesn't get ripped-off driving out of low driveways

and put bumpers so basement doors don't hit side along with clasps to hold them open in the wind.
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
2013 Voltage 3200 EPIC II
Two GSDs and toys

BeachPirate
Explorer
Explorer
Brought it home, gave it a nice bath, ran the generator, then plugged it in, was cleaning the tires and realized they need replaced. Getting it all ready to go leave on a trip on Thursday.

dedmiston
justALnow wrote:
I got it one of these!

Awesome. Enjoy it and be safe.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I added a new stereo receiver to the TV. It is touch screen, CD,DVD, HD, Bluetooth and Backup Camera. The backup camera will come in real handy when hooking up the Toy Hauler. I am going to add another camera to the back of the trailer. It will take two 40' RCA cables to run up to the truck and just plug in where the TV camera plugs in now.

DVD

Rear View Camera
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
Good point Randot. I didn't think of the fact that the other legs would be too tall. Thanks.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

randot
Explorer
Explorer
soonernation wrote:

Thanks for the tip. If I can order just the base then that's probably the route I would go. I already have the legs for the table that goes there and the ones from the garage table. I don't need another leg to try and find a storage location for.

Where did you get the base from?

I ordered a shorter 25 1/4" leg from Amazon (base came from Ebay) - the ones for the table are 27" or so. We use one of the pillows from the couch to stuff under it to balance it. We keep the legs for the table on the floor at each end of the couch and all the table tops are under the bed.
Two GSDs and toys

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
Sooner;
Thank you now I know my side box will fit & thanks for info on LEDs.
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Edge Tuner, BnD Exhaust Break: Trans Cooler
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
randot wrote:
soonernation wrote:
Love the snack table idea. I'm taking that one and doing it as well.

Thanks.

Sooner,
You are welcome and make sure when you order the table leg the base comes with it. I ordered the leg and the description talked about the base, but I didn't get the base - had to order it separately.
Also I think Eightydo meant that tool-box question for you. We also have ordered a cabinet with one drawer and two-door cabinet below to fit in that spot - works great for the dog food and the whole pharmacy that goes with our old GSDs. Great minds you know.

Thanks for the tip. If I can order just the base then that's probably the route I would go. I already have the legs for the table that goes there and the ones from the garage table. I don't need another leg to try and find a storage location for.

Where did you get the base from?
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
eightydo wrote:
Installed led lights behind the control panel. I still need to tweak the position of the lights to get maximum coverage and I plan to use some black tape or nail polish to clean up the areas where the back is scratched and allowing light through.

I don't know why this isn't done at the factory. At least now I can see the switches at night.

Did you get pictures of behind panel for placement of LEDs. Good Idea. Thank you

Of course all of these mods were not made in one day, but I finally was able to take photos of them and post them here.

Nice ideas. What are the dimensions of the tool box? Thank you.

I did not get a picture behind the panel yet. I can get one but I need to work up the lights a little bit as there are a******load of wires back there that cast shadows on the panel. BTW, I used the led strips from auto zone that people put on their cars. They were easily wired to the same location as the continuously lit Voltage portion. I literally undid the wire nuts and put the led wires in with the others. Piece of cake.

I believe the tool box is 33" x 18". It fits perfectly in that spot. Not only does it provide tool storage but the lower drawers are deep enough to store other items as well.
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125

randot
Explorer
Explorer
soonernation wrote:
Love the snack table idea. I'm taking that one and doing it as well.

Thanks.

Sooner,
You are welcome and make sure when you order the table leg the base comes with it. I ordered the leg and the description talked about the base, but I didn't get the base - had to order it separately.
Also I think Eightydo meant that tool-box question for you. We also have ordered a cabinet with one drawer and two-door cabinet below to fit in that spot - works great for the dog food and the whole pharmacy that goes with our old GSDs. Great minds you know.
Two GSDs and toys

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
Installed led lights behind the control panel. I still need to tweak the position of the lights to get maximum coverage and I plan to use some black tape or nail polish to clean up the areas where the back is scratched and allowing light through.

I don't know why this isn't done at the factory. At least now I can see the switches at night.

Did you get pictures of behind panel for placement of LEDs. Good Idea. Thank you

Of course all of these mods were not made in one day, but I finally was able to take photos of them and post them here.

Nice ideas. What are the dimensions of the tool box? Thank you.
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Edge Tuner, BnD Exhaust Break: Trans Cooler
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI