cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer Combo

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
For those who have a Washer/Dryer Combo, one machine that washes and dry’s the clothes. Are they any good? We are now spending the winters in Florida and it would be nice to not to have to go the the laundromat to do our clothes. I know it will probably be a lot smaller loads but it would be nice to do laundry in the RV. If you like yours what brand do you have? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Rwake901 wrote:
Thanks for the reply’s. Wow I’ve been checking on the combo washers/dryers and they aren’t cheap! I thought maybe you could buy one for around $800.00 since they are so small but they are more like $1400.00. Might be going to the laundromat for a while yet. lol

Check online for units on sale.
2100XC

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply’s. Wow I’ve been checking on the combo washers/dryers and they aren’t cheap! I thought maybe you could buy one for around $800.00 since they are so small but they are more like $1400.00. Might be going to the laundromat for a while yet. lol

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
The vented Splindide 2100XC is great. It does smaller loads than a typical home unit but does a great job. Been full time for over 8 years with our Splindide.

Most of the complaints you see are from people that do not read and follow the instructions. You cannot use detergent pods as they have too much detergent for the small washer. You must use a HE rated detergent.

We have not used a commercial laundry facility in over 8 years.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Splende combo, vented model, not cheap, small loads, works great, will never go back to a laundramat. Pick your clothes to be wash-n-wear. Loads are not really all that small - we do our king-size bed sheets and pillow cases in one load. Just two of us so the BIG sticks n bricks laudry equipment is not missed at all. Occasional access to a full size laudry facility for large items like comforters is welcome occasionally.
2014 Allegro 36LA

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Rwake901 wrote:
For those who have a Washer/Dryer Combo, one machine that washes and dry’s the clothes. Are they any good? We are now spending the winters in Florida and it would be nice to not to have to go the the laundry mat to do our clothes. I know it will probably be a lot smaller loads but it would be nice to do laundry in the RV. If you like yours what brand do you have? Thanks

We have had both. The combo is good, better than going to the laundry. The stackable are much better.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Two things the wife wanted if we were to gow full time
1, a fifth wheel. she didn't want a steering wheel in the living room.
2, a washer/dryer. She hadn't been to a laundromat in 35 years and wasn't about to go back.
Our first 5er dealer had a dented combo unit and gave us a deal on it.
We're on our second Splendidi combo as we traded for a larger trailer and left the first when we traded.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Splendide combo. DW loves it. Yeah, small loads. But she just puts in a load, sets it to wash and dry, and we go off and do whatever we have planned. Come back to a clean, dry load of laundry. Repeat if necessary.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
We never leave home without ours. :B

This question comes up and the overwhelming answers are positive. Learn to use it properly and do not overload it.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008