cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used WW Superlite

SuperDave23
Explorer
Explorer
Looking into buying my friend's 2004 Weekend Warrior FS2300. He's let us borrow the trailer on numerous occasions so I'm pretty familiar with it. He is he original owner since new and it's had very light usage. Been under a pole barn for most of it's life so the stickers, paint, roof are actually still in good shape.

I've looked at a lot of newer trailers and we just love the layout of the FS2300. Plus I know the owner and am already very familiar with the trailer.

I've read the WW issues thread and am pretty familiar now with the frame issues. I currently see the following issues:

-Tongue is the original 1/8" steel and is bent upwards. I measure about 2" from the box of the trailer to the tongue. It's been that way for quite a long time apparently.

-The walls don't appear to have the buldging issue. I need to put a level on them, but they look pretty straight

-The generator fires up, but puts out irregular voltage so that will have to be diagnosed. It's only got 200 hours on it.

-It looks like it had a leak in the front right corner on the roof. Minor damage to the interior. Does not leak now as I've had it out in the rain without issue.

-Otherwise the trailer seems in good shape and everything else works.

Is there anything else I should be investigating before buying the trailer?

I spoke with RV Doctor down in Lake Elsinore on the frame repairs could range anywhere from $1500 to $4000 depending on how much damage.

What would be a fair price? Looking at NADA its in the $5-7k range, however looking at RV trader and other online places these appear to be going more in the $8-9k range. Crazy as I think he paid $16k for it brand new.

I'm thinking of offering him $5k, figuring on spending $3k in repairs basically getting it for the price of the ones online.

Thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you have it covered, decent plan, hope you friend is good with it.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater