cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truxedo lo pro QT or TruXport

Sohio
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide between these two covers. I really like the low pro, but am worried about my hitch clearance. I have the B&W companion hitch, and have it adjusted to the highest setting. It is below the top of the rails, but higher than the bottom of them. (If that makes sense). I know the TruXport mounts on top of the rails, I have plenty of clearance between my 5er and the bed rails so that wouldn't be a problem. Does anybody have any experiences with either one? I want to go with a roll up as I am installing an aux fuel tank, so want easy access to it. Thanks for the help.
2015 Ford F-350 CC,LB,DRW,4x4, 6.7L 3.73 gears,
B&W Companion
2010 Jayco Eagle 351 RLSA Fifth wheel,
Palmer, the ball loving Golden Retriever.(Gone, but in our hearts forever)
Jackson, the Happy (and sometimes crazy) Golden Retriever.

My Photos
7 REPLIES 7

I have the LoPro and love it, tons of room between it and the fifth wheel pin box.

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Lo Pro with a Reese 16K fifth wheel hitch and no problems at all. The dealer told me he would have to remove the cover to install the hitch to make room for his tech to work. I told him he wouldn't and I was right.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

Sohio
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help guys, after seeing Winged One's pic, think I will go with the TruXport, the added clearance inside the bed will come in handy.
2015 Ford F-350 CC,LB,DRW,4x4, 6.7L 3.73 gears,
B&W Companion
2010 Jayco Eagle 351 RLSA Fifth wheel,
Palmer, the ball loving Golden Retriever.(Gone, but in our hearts forever)
Jackson, the Happy (and sometimes crazy) Golden Retriever.

My Photos

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 truxports on 2 different trucks. My trucks are always garaged. I have had no problems with mine, with my connection.

Low sitting covers do not give the clearance I needed to fit things like a generator. The truxport streches over the generator when not hooked up.

I like my truxports immensely.

2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
I would go with the Lo-pro, it's a better cover. Truxedo built the Truxsport as their economy line. The Lo-pro is more durable and has a wider Velcro track.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
I once had an Access Cover with rails and the back of my pin box made contact with the rails on a tight turn. Bent the cover rail and creased the truck bed, $900.00 of damage. No more cover/rail system for me. Last three years I have had a "no rail" tri-fold Tonno Pro cover. Quick and easy to install. Solved my problem.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have the companion and the low pro. No problems at all that are what in would call normal use. I was backing out of a drive last Saturday and had it jacked Around and at an weird angle and the wiring box on the back side of the hitch came into contact with one of the rails. Guaranteed I will be mob the box and or replacing it with something else. (I hate how cheap it looks anyway) if it wasn't the there would never have been any contact.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax