cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Hauler Forum People are the best

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the help since we bought our toyhauler. It's been a hectic last year-and-a-half. The hauler only got taken on one trip last year and sat until mid-June this year. My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer last year in August. He underwent chemo and radiation last fall and was deemed in remission in November, 2012. He tried to return to work in January but went back off work the end of February. More chemo from April until first of June. When they did ct scans in July, the doctors realized that they looked the same as the one in February. He had more tests in October and the tests look the same. The doctors have decided that the cancer is back in remission. He is going back to work this week, so thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

Back to toy haulers. We worked as camper hosts this summer starting in mid-June and the position made a big difference in Jeff's outlook. The hauler sat on a site all summer and we got to go camping every weekend and even some weekdays. We are hoping to go 4-wheeling next spring with the kids and then do the camper host thing again.

Thanks to your help, the generator is working. The satelite was changed over to cable and later reversed. The gas pump works. The water pump has been replaced. This site is a gold mine for information so THANK YOU!!!
camping buddies - my husband,:R
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe
14 REPLIES 14

Sir_Slink
Explorer
Explorer
Keep thinking positive it helps, and you have less stress, sounds like your doctor has a set, instead of playing with the insurance i think we are all gonna be in that boat especially us older folks with OBC

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you hear your husband is doing better! You should check out this website Biocytonics, they have helped many people with what you are going through. Best wishes to you and your husband!
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes to you and yours,

From Toy Hauler People ๐Ÿ™‚
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Y-Guy
Thanks for keeping us posted, hope things go smooth and the insurance company gets cooperative.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to believe, but it has been 4 months since I posted. Thanks for all the well-wishes, they have really helped. Went back to the doctors yesterday and they said Jeff's lungs look the same. The doctors won't say if it is scar tissue or if he is in remission, only that there is no change and no new growth. They want to continue monitoring for a few more months. The doctors were smiling and the oncologist said God must have a purpose in mind for Jeff. He seemed surprised that it has been over a year and a half since Jeff was diagnosed and that the ct scans are not changing. I think prayers and some natural supplements are making the difference. Jeff initially responded much faster to the chemo than most people and only underwent 4 courses of treatment in fall, 2012.

Insurance is denying PET tests again. Denied the ct scan at 3 months, thus the 4 months between tests. Stated something about 4 months for first year, 6 months for second year, then yearly for remainder of 5 years. Doctor wants 3 months monitoring for next 6-9 months, so we may have to fight with insurance to get tests.

On a different note, we will not be camper hosts this year, so Jeff is hoping to take out the toy hauler and get away. Have to do some repairs, the toyhauler got overlooked last year. We have a small leak on one corner of the roof that we found and sealed, but need to properly repair. Right now, it is too cold to do much of anything - about 10 degrees tonight and dropping below 0 tomorrow night. Expecting more snow over the weekend. Hopefully, it will start warming up in the next few weeks.
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
The insurance kept denying a pet scan "said it wasn't medically necessary" until July of this year when the new pulmologist insisted that he needed it to do a biopsy. He didn't know which spot to check. They found 2 hot spots and did a biopsy on the new one. Came back "no cancer found". The other was in the lymph node where cancer was last year and has a lot of scar tissue. It hasn't changed since October, 2012 other than to shrink some more.

As a result of the the insurance denials, the oncologist gave Jeff treatments as though he had cancer even if there wasn't proof. Cancer was found by biopsy in the lymph node between the lungs in August, 2012. Jeff went through chemo and 30 rounds of chest radiation between August and October, 2012 when the ct scans showed black spots instead of white spots. In March, 2013, a ct scan showed white dots throughout the lungs. It is now thought that it was an infection or scar tissue as the dots have either disappeared, shrunk, or remained the same. But when the insurance again denied a pet scan, the oncologist gave Jeff three rounds of a different chemo instead of waiting to see if the spots spread. He then did more ct scans that looked the same as the March ones. It was at that point that the oncologist called in a pulmologist to do a biopsy.
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD

Doughboy12
Explorer
Explorer
Tell your doctor to order a PET Scan next time. (Maybe they already did?)

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the well-wishes. Jeff is beginning the 8 week return to full-time work. We live in Ohio, so don't need a Class A. He's also starting to teach our 16 year old how to drive the medium duty truck. All I can say is that I am glad, she buried the rear tires in the driveway instead of running it through the garage door. She didn't know it was in reverse when she took her foot off the clutch the first time she got behind the wheel and had never drove a "stick shift" before. Nothing like driving the automatic Dodge.
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD

dedmiston
TLLOYD wrote:
Had to even get a non commercial class A to pull it, but without this forum it would not be possible.

Without this forum I wouldn't have known you'd need the non-com class A.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TLLOYD
Explorer
Explorer
Continued prayers for a healthy life going forward most importantly.

Secondly, you are so right that this entire forum is awesome. Saved so much time/money and actually had fun with all the projects I have been able to get done with the great people on this forum.

I have bought and sold a toy hauler and a motor home and now I am in a 37' toy hauler again. Had to even get a non commercial class A to pull it, but without this forum it would not be possible.

Now the wife wants to go back to a motor home, go figure.

dedmiston
agteacher wrote:
This site is a gold mine for information so THANK YOU!!!

I'm glad you've found the technical help you needed here.

I'm even more glad to hear your husband's recovery is going well.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

LRBill
Explorer
Explorer
What a great post!

It's really nice to hear some good news for a change!!!

You brought a smile, thanks!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
agteacher wrote:
Thanks for all of the help since we bought our toyhauler. It's been a hectic last year-and-a-half. The hauler only got taken on one trip last year and sat until mid-June this year. My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer last year in August. He underwent chemo and radiation last fall and was deemed in remission in November, 2012. He tried to return to work in January but went back off work the end of February. More chemo from April until first of June. When they did ct scans in July, the doctors realized that they looked the same as the one in February. He had more tests in October and the tests look the same. The doctors have decided that the cancer is back in remission. He is going back to work this week, so thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

Back to toy haulers. We worked as camper hosts this summer starting in mid-June and the position made a big difference in Jeff's outlook. The hauler sat on a site all summer and we got to go camping every weekend and even some weekdays. We are hoping to go 4-wheeling next spring with the kids and then do the camper host thing again.

Thanks to your help, the generator is working. The satelite was changed over to cable and later reversed. The gas pump works. The water pump has been replaced. This site is a gold mine for information so THANK YOU!!!

You are welcome. Travel trailer people better LOL.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that the hubby is doing well!