cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet bubbles/spits up ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes the toilet bubbles and or spits up while flushing. The toilet can be empty or 1/2 full just does it at random, any ideas how to remedy this. Thanks
Art
8 REPLIES 8

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
So are you talking about the black tank bubbling/spitting or are you talking about the flushing water spitting as you are flushing? Air in your fresh water line leading to the toilet can & will cause the water to spit out.
magic43

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
I use this and it works well.......

Tank maintenance
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
If it is the poop pyramid, there should be a lot of info through the search on this forum.

Back when I had to deal with pyramids occasionally. Was an easy task for me. I just got one of those flexible wands from wally world and stuck it down in there and blew the pyramid to smitherines. My wand has the nozzle on the end that twirls as it shoots the water out.

Only pain is dragging the pressure supply hose into the camper. And it cleaned up the level sensors in the process.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
The only time I get the burping/bubble is when the black tank is nearing full because the level in the tank has reached the vent pipe. Its just a reminder for me to dump.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ilvtravln wrote:
Sometimes the toilet bubbles and or spits up while flushing. The toilet can be empty or 1/2 full just does it at random, any ideas how to remedy this. Thanks

Once you resolve the mound you currently have, this is he black tank management I developed sunbirding. If you can drain most the the tank then step 8 might be helpful. Does your RV have the tank flush, where you hook up a hose to help flush the tank?

If so drain the tank and hook up the flush hose and repeatly bomb to pile with full bowl flushes(aka step 8). You might want to close the lid when stepping of the flush pedal!

Here is the routine I have developed over many snowbird winters.

1. Get a clear sight adapter and put it between the trailer and the sewer hose.
2. I leave the black tank closed for a week at a time. Grey tanks open.
3. I form a pee trap in the sewer hose with a couple boards, one 2x and a 4x4.
4. To dump and flush, I remove the pee trap boards.
5. Close the grey water tanks.
6. Open the black water tank and turn on the hose to the built in flush system.
7. Watch the sight tube until I am down to just hose water coming out.
8. Go inside and do two full bowl super flushes. "Bomb the Pile!" Note: Full bowl means filling the bowl to the bottom of the upper rim.
9. Go back outside and view discharge.
10. Close the black water tank and run the flush water in for four(4) minutes. Depending on tank size this might have to be shortened. Do not let anyone distract you at this point.
11. Open and drain and repeat 10 again.
12. Flush a bit and verify that you have nice clear water coming out of the tank. If not go back to step 8 and start again.
13. When you have nice clear discharge, put the pee trap boards back the sewer line and fill the pee trap.
14. Close the black water tank and add about a minute worth of water to the tank with the flush hose.
15. Secure the flush hose. I have a little inline valve adapter at the side of the trailer and the other end gets turned off.
16. Open the grey water tanks and go add your chemical to the tank.

I have had the burping a couple of times, however the super flushes seem to have fixed that issue.

Having piles in not good!!

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper1942 wrote:
I had that problem a couple of years ago. It was the dreaded "pyramid" which had built up directly below the toilet entry into the tank. It took a lot of hours to clear it using rods, snakes, pressure washer and chemicals.
Good luck with it.

If this is the issue try dumping and then put in 10-15 gallons clean water & drive. Repeat. See if the water sloshing will break it up.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem a couple of years ago. It was the dreaded "pyramid" which had built up directly below the toilet entry into the tank. It took a lot of hours to clear it using rods, snakes, pressure washer and chemicals.
Good luck with it.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
Is the vent blocked??