cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tire wrench

Happycamper30
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Cruiser 5th wheel, does anyone know what size the lug nuts are and where is the wrench to change my flat tire?
Thank you.
28 REPLIES 28

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
My son got me the cheapest battery powered impact wrench that Harbor Freight sells.

keep the battery in the charger, plugged in in the basement when in camp and it is always ready.

(Works on the stabilizer jacks, too.)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

I have a nylon coated deep dish socket with a Milwaukee M-18 @ 3/4โ€ ,drive impact
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
Tinyandthegang wrote:
redhooker wrote:
I carry a collapsible 4 way lug wrench. It has a button that allows it to scissor spin down to a small package. 3 sizes AND it has a 1/2 inch socket adaptor for a deep well socket if you need a thin wall for a tight aluminum wheel. Best of all worlds you can find on amazon for about $40.

I would test that wrench in the driveway before putting much faith in it. They are very weak where they fold.

Been using it for five years no issue, I have multiple trailers so it is the best tool for my use. The connection is in the center and is quite strong.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Happycamper30 wrote:
I have a 2008 Cruiser 5th wheel, does anyone know what size the lug nuts are and where is the wrench to change my flat tire?
Thank you.

"Where is the wrench"...? Are you asking where the "factory" lug nut wrench is on your camper? Because there is none. It is not like a car (or truck) that comes with a jack and lug nut wrench behind the seat... TT or Fivers don't come with those, you have to get your own.

If you are lucky, your tow vehicle's wrench and jack will work with your camper. Otherwise you need to buy what you need. If you are having trouble figuring out sizes, try an auto parts store (NAPA or other) on a slow day and ask the counter people for help. To be polite, assuming they go out and help figure what you need, you should buy the parts / equipment from them.

Do you have a local repair garage that knows you? Pull in there, they will probably be glad to help figure out what you need.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deep Well Socket, 6 inch extension and breaker bar, works for both TV & RV
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
redhooker wrote:
I carry a collapsible 4 way lug wrench. It has a button that allows it to scissor spin down to a small package. 3 sizes AND it has a 1/2 inch socket adaptor for a deep well socket if you need a thin wall for a tight aluminum wheel. Best of all worlds you can find on amazon for about $40.

I would test that wrench in the driveway before putting much faith in it. They are very weak where they fold.

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
Or simply try to slip on both SAE and metric sockets to see which fits better.

And I suggest once you know the size, instead of removing from your set to carry you get that size, a long breaker bar, and extension for socket and if needed the bar.
BTW, I use extension to hold socket in line with stud.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Or simply try to slip on both SAE and metric sockets to see which fits better.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The quickest way to find out what size socket you need for any hex nut or bolt is to just measure across two opposite flats.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Happycamper30 wrote:
Thank you.

A year model or trailer brand doesn't tell us what size lug nuts any trailer has.
You have the trailer so its easy to find that out on your own.

I have several 4 way lug wrenches. The one that fits the lugs on my 5th wheel rv trailer stays in the trailer. I also keep one in the wifes 1500 chevy...one in my 2500 Dodge truck ....and one in my old 3500 drw chevy beater....two in my garage.

TSC stores (tractor supply) or a farm and ranch store or a automotive parts store may carry the size(s) you need.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
MFL wrote:
I took the OPs question to mean "I have a flat right now, where is my lug wrench?"
Jerry

Not like we would ever get off topic. :B

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I took the OPs question to mean "I have a flat right now, where is my lug wrench?"

Like mentioned above, the time to find out if you have the proper tools, to do this, is before it becomes an emergency.

Like I mentioned earlier, your truck tire iron may work in this emergency.

I carry a breaker bar, and correct size 6 point HD impact socket, and a torque wrench for tire changes while traveling.

Jerry

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Your fifth wheel is relatively light, so 1/2"-20 studs.

To answer your question: 13/16", 6 point deep chrome socket, 1/2" x 6" extension, and 1/2" x 18" long breaker bar. I use a 16" long ratchet on mine and it works fine.