cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on the new "Party Sofa"

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious what people think of the Party Sofa vs. the traditional sofa and typical dinette or sofa + table&chairs ?

I'm wondering if the party sofa in a fifth wheel, with a family of 4 (my wife and I + 2 teen daughters) would make more sense than the traditional layout or not.

We currently have a single wide slide with the sofa and dinette in it.

We are interested in getting a 5th wheel and the 376BHOK only has the party sofa in it. It looks nice, but wondering how people like it?

Thanks!
42 REPLIES 42

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
taybrynn wrote:
THanks -- thats what I'm trying to figure out -- who likes it and who doesn't -- and why. Thanks either way.

I like our "party sofa" better than the traditional one in our 1st 5'er. The center 3 sections lay out into individual recliners. With the AC blowing, beer in hand and golf on the TV, I can catch a nice power nap.

We've never used the tables. I don't even bring them.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I consider the U lounge as well. However the large sofa is not for me.
The tables wobble and need to be removed to put the slide in.
I prefer a table and chairs with separate sofa.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Sparky502
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and LOVE IT. We are a family of 4 and those rainy or cold nights we can't sit around the fire we all bundle up on the couch and watch the movie. For me it's a no brainer to go with it. The only time we spend in the 5th wheel is during crappy weather and couch space is a premium.

I even had a poker game in it the one night with 8 people, 4 on the couch and 4 on lawn chairs on the other side. It was tight but it worked and beat sending everyone back to their trailers because of a rainstorm.
2011 GMC 2500 Duramax/Allison
2011 Sabre Silhoutte 320 FQDS

nole_trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Well the wife won (I know, happy wife, happy life!) Placing order this morning, thanks for all the feedback on such a minor item..

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
nole_trainer wrote:
M GO BLUE wrote:
Doesnt matter how we like it or not...it depends on only if you like it

I like it, wife does not. So I thought I'd blame the internet for my decision 🙂

Well then you obviously know what to do now...haha

Have you looked at the "L" couch that has a built-in sofa bed?

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

nole_trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it's not really a matter of $$ as it's only $795. I just have never sat in one in person so I was hoping for others butt time. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (8-10), the 5th we are looking at has BH with a table 2 chairs for the kids.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
frankwp wrote:
We have one (Crossroad's Lifestyle Lounge) and really like it. The 2 tables have a space between them so access to the sofa is good. The tables area as stable as any dinette table. I will say that the seat cushions were pretty horrible so we had new ones made & now it's quite comfortable. We have lots of family along & the extra seating & dining capacity is really nice.

But whats with these people angrily proclaiming how useless & stupid it is? Just a matter of personal choice.

"Just a matter of personal choice". (Yes!)

The OP is asking about the personal choices of others - and why.

Useless and stupid...and angry?..:?

Maybe they wish they hadn't spent the money -vs- what they got.

~

*If* you have a bunch of people (kids/adults) in your RV you need lots of seating room.

*If* there's usually only two of you - not so good (of a choice).

~

*If I could order a 5th without the living area furniture -and some of the gaudy valances- I would do it.

Ours came with a hide-a-bed & two swivel recliners, a square dinette table with four padded chairs (storage under the seat cushions).

*NO* kids, *NO* parties, - usually just two "old folks".

ALL gone now!
Two nice recliners. (NO couch)
The dinette table is a 36" drop-leaf (both sides) table, which takes up less space than the original. Two replacement chairs.

Working on replacing the gaudy valances.

Not angry....but (IMO) RV interior designers are a bunch of really, really old ladies - or young idiots.
Oh yeah......the 5th is a 2006 Jayco *DESIGNER*, ROTFL..:B
(Think I know why the name has changed).

Bottom line for *your* bottom?
Whatever rings your chimes!
And pay attention to those *angry* posters!

Your bucks, so Party Hearty!..:B

~

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new wildcat and the sofa and dinette are very nice. The u shaped dinette models don't seem to be deep enough for anything but little kids in the back only, and they table is also smaller making it worse overall than the standard dinette, IMHO. I also liked the party sofa idea, but never found one that was comfortable enough in person. We find our new sofa in the wildcat very comfortable but wish it had drink holders in the arms or something. As other said, it really depends on what YOU like. I don't think the party sofa has reached the level it needs to yet, as they don't seem to be as comfortable as the std. sofa ... and the std dinette is highly functional still and fits me, my wife and my two adult sized teens.

rhingst
Explorer
Explorer
Just one of the designers new stupid ideas in the new trailers. They are getting dumber and dumber when it comes to floorplans for fulltimers. How many people actually need a dinette that can seat about 8 people.
2008 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab Powerstroke SRW
2007 Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
Love it, can't stand the dinette idea.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Napria
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they were a good idea till I sat on some when we were looking to replace our previous 5er. I haven't found one that was comfortable.

I wonder what the OP ended up getting?
2014 Montana 3850FL
2005 Ameri-Camp F321QBS (Sold)
2004 Chevy 3500 crew cab long bed one ton with Alison
18K Reese Signature
Prodigy

nole_trainer
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:

I like it, wife does not. So I thought I'd blame the internet for my decision 🙂

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

nole_trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Bringing back an old thread, we are trying to make this decision as well. Any new thoughts?

This is for a Wildcat 5th 312QBX bunkhouse

vs