cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swarms of moths inside RV

keithhelms
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2020 Grand Design Reflection 295rl and am using it for the first time this year. The first night was calm, but on nights 2-5 I've been getting something like 25 or 30 moths inside each night. Haven't experienced that the first 2 years I had it. I poked around and found 3 obvious gaps that a moth could easily fit through. The first was the 2 vent holes for the furnace. The 2nd and 3rd were big gaps around cylinders that are part of the slideouts mechanisms. I've tried to attach a photo of that.

I'm not impressed with a couple of construction features of the fifth wheel. The floor vent in the bathroom just opens down into the area under the floor and is not attached to any ducting. The drawers in the kitchen hutch that back up to the bathroom wall are the same - there's no wall behind them, just open space. Both of those openings give moths an easy way to fly into the living area once they get into the underbelly.

Is there some way to keep the moths from getting in?

1 REPLY 1

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
That happen to us on a trip from NJ to the Grand Tetons/YellowStone, We did a layover in Iowa for 4days and on the 1st night around 10pm I feel something fluttering on my face..It was moths that had hatched out of their cocoons... Using a flashlight I found they were coming out of the AC roof vents, This lasted 3 nights,I had to dispose of about 5 to 10 moths a night.. See Our 5th wheel had roof vents and most likely hatched from there and coming in This was on our 2017 trip....
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..