15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater
34 REPLIES 34

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
Which would you buy?

Like Strabo I'd buy the Yamaha, can always upgrade the shocks, can't add a five speed to a Razor.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
Which would you buy?

Yamaha.....Why buy anything else?
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Which would you buy?
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I got a chance to ride in and drive a 1000 Razor Fox edition this weekend out at the SNORE race, AMAZING! Blasting through 3' whoops at 60 is no problem; I didn't drive it that fast in the whoops but what I did drive it was great.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo launch looks like it'll get ya to the grocery store.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
I like it, I really like it!!! I'm a RZR guy but that 5-speed transmission and no belt has me sold!!

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
drive the east coast beaches....in new England they are reducing our riding areas and now there are so many rules for the few left. at least over the last few years maine and new Hampshire have begun opening trail systems.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

Bedlam
MI and OK have dunes, but I don't know of any farther east. At least if you get a street licensed model, you can drive the east coast beaches.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Well, im truly jealous, the dunes are something I always wanted to ride, but most likely never will!

Bedlam
Except for tight trails, I still prefer my manual shift VW. However if I could find a 2-speed transfer case to sandwich between engine and transaxle, I could give up the CVT.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I would be willing to be over half of "sport" SxS sold end up in the dunes at one point or another. They are big with the dune crowd and that is where I see the new Yamaha with trans/manual clutch catching on. Many may still prefer a CVT for trail riding

Bedlam
Sand will definitely stress your transmission. I dropped down to shorter paddles that are less aggressive so I could stay in hi range without eating up belts. The engine put out enough torque, but at the expense of belts after every four days of deep sand. Lo range saved the belt but reduced my momentum too much for any longer or steeper dunes.

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
didn't realize you were in the dunes....

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
1jeep wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like someone needs to use low range more. I have a canam 1000 and in 3 years never even smoked the belt, I have however just recently snapped a rear axle shaft.

Low range in the dunes? THat sounds like fun... Important thing to remember is not everyone uses SxS in the same manner and on the same types of terrain. Some are more forgiving while others are not. WE don't live in a one size fits all world...

Belt issues are real especially in the dunes from my experience regardless of brand.