cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Side walls bowing out

1st_Response_Me
Explorer
Explorer
I have an FS2500 WW that seems to be bowing out around the area of the slides (for the bunks) closest to the front of trailer, are located. When the bunks are lowered, the lower bunk barely sits on the tabs located at lower end of slides. Does anyone have a similar problem and if so what is the fix.
8 REPLIES 8

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
On the WW superlite I had it was the perimeter supports or lack of. It went back to WW and they added more.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

1st_Response_Me
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the helpful comments. Seems like I'll need to spend some time and money to get repairs made. I can take some pics in a few days.

Unfortunately, I'm in Texas so the RV Doctor is out.

I'm using a tie down to keep walls in for now but not practical for for regular use. Just hope the latch attached to the walls don't pull out or I'll have another problem to contend with.

1slomofo
Explorer
Explorer
BigDogF250 wrote:
First time I have heard of the C channel frame rails twisting but it makes sense, they do sit inside the walls. In my case it was the outriggers folding over causing problems near the wheel wells.

So diagnosis would be the first step.

Good Luck!

When they fix they issue they wont add more out riggers necessarily ( well....they might but only a few)

the fix involves additional tubing to connect the beams that run parallel down the trailer. So the will brace off each other.

-2015 32SAG Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
-2010 Mosebilt 2-seater Long Travel Sand Car
-2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
-2006 Kawasaki Kfx400
-1984 Wife

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
First time I have heard of the C channel frame rails twisting but it makes sense, they do sit inside the walls. In my case it was the outriggers folding over causing problems near the wheel wells.

So diagnosis would be the first step.

Good Luck!
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

1slomofo
Explorer
Explorer
major, yet common problems with those trailers. As others stated. So Cal RV Dr. has the fix. Expect it to the cost about 2-4k. Its not as simple as "outriggers" more like the parallel frame beams are twisting away from each other pulling the walls down and out creating a bow in the walls.

Needs to be repaired.

-2015 32SAG Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
-2010 Mosebilt 2-seater Long Travel Sand Car
-2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
-2006 Kawasaki Kfx400
-1984 Wife

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
Sagging outriggers. Not a technically difficult fix but will burn some shop time for sure. I have been doing my own, I figured for the money I would buy a welder, learn to weld.

After that it's as simple as loosening some bolts holding down the wall, using a couple of jacks to take off some pressure and adding or strengthening supports.

I have heard that So. Cal. RV Doctor has done many if you are not the hands on type and are on the west coast.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

sptrucksbyed
Explorer
Explorer
1st Response Medic wrote:
I have an FS2500 WW that seems to be bowing out around the area of the slides (for the bunks) closest to the front of trailer, are located. When the bunks are lowered, the lower bunk barely sits on the tabs located at lower end of slides. Does anyone have a similar problem and if so what is the fix.

WW had a big problem With the support riggers not being strong enuff to hold the weight of the wall on the trailers with smooth sides. If this is the problem you are having the sides have to be lifted back up to where they belong and extra riggers need to be added.
2012 Ford F-350 DRW CC 4x4
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2 Yamaha Raptors
2 Yamaha Banshees
2011 RZRS
2011 RZR XP900

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
pics?
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950