cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shower door out of alignment

scottyballs
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone cougar 5er, 2006. Shower door seems to suddenly have come out of alignment. Seems to have dropped and doesn't seal from bottom up about halfway. Cannot see any way tighten or adjust. Any thoughts?

Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post your topic in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!
6 REPLIES 6

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
05 Cougar owner here. Our shower enclosure might be the same as yours. We also had trouble with the door, and after trying many ways to fix it, I just took it off. We never liked the door swinging out and dripping on the floor of the bedroom, as well as taking up room when open. I just took the door off and put it in our shed. I added a shower curtain which works well for us. Instead of using a curtain rod, I used a couple of small self tapping screws at the top of the shower enclosure (metal frame), and stretched some scuba diver cord (tough stuff used for various underwater tasks) from one screw to the other. Works great as a curtain rod, and the screws are set back far enough so that the curtain covers the door way without any gaps on each side. Got some things that help the curtain hang straight down too (curtain weight with magnet)
It keeps the curtain from clinging to you as you run the shower.

Kind of thought maybe our shower would look kind of bad with a curtain, but we don't mind it at all.

Forgot to mention the nature of the door problem we had. The door hinge part at the bottom of the door was a nylon type of part that wore out and allowed the door to drop to the point that it drug on the lip of the shower enclosure(the lip that you step over to get in/out, and keeps the water in). Don't know if your enclosure is made this way. I tried to find a source for replacement parts, but had no luck, so I just removed the door.
Tom & Carol

scottyballs
Explorer
Explorer
F-Troup, although I also had the issue of the magnetic strip dislodging, that is not the cause of the door not closing now. It definitely needs some adjustment in the alignment, but I can't see how?

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I had the magnetic strip come loose and slide down keeping the door from closing all the way at the bottom.

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
There's often a 'U' shaped channel on the bottom of the door. It has a rubber wiper on the bottom to prevent water from splashing out of the shower. It's sometimes friction fit, or sometimes screws hold it in place. It could be a screw holding it has loosened or fallen out. If that piece has slipped, it can jamb the door or force lift it out of place. So check that that piece is properly positioned before moving on to other suspects.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
One end roller off the track?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)