cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV furniture by LCI

bmoor69
Explorer
Explorer
My RV living room furniture is starting peel at the head rest and where you pull the handle to recline. Is there any recalls on this furniture? I have a 2018 Grand Design 376TH momentum and it is only 3 years old
13 REPLIES 13

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:

I'd just buy a decent chair, at a discount furniture chain, and call it good.

Jerry

Great advice.

You *will* be able to call it *WAY* better than what you had previously!

I would call it excellent or outstanding - compared to factory original.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours was also peeling, but reupholstering wouldn't have fixed the sag from the springs. Replaced with new from Lambright Custom Chairs of Topeka, Indiana.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
mileshuff wrote:
The sleeper sofa in my 2014 Winnebago is badly peeling and looks horrible. Have heard having it reupholstered isn't much cheaper than a new sofa but will be looking. I'm finding there aren't very RV furniture show rooms anywhere. Everything is mail order and nothing in stock so at least a month or two wait plus we cannot look at what we'd buy, sit in it etc.

A quality reupholstering job is expensive, but the material used will be much better than what came on the furniture.

Replacement furniture using the same material is going to have the same short life as the original furniture.

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
The sleeper sofa in my 2014 Winnebago is badly peeling and looks horrible. Have heard having it reupholstered isn't much cheaper than a new sofa but will be looking. I'm finding there aren't very RV furniture show rooms anywhere. Everything is mail order and nothing in stock so at least a month or two wait plus we cannot look at what we'd buy, sit in it etc.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking I would look at Lazy-Boy.
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life

Milt
Explorer
Explorer
I checked on upholstery for our theatre seating in our GD Reflection that is having the same peeling issues. The quote as $500 for each back.
I can get two new recliners for about the same price.
Our solution is the same as someone else mentioned, making some slip covers.

Milt

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have the same probem. After much searching we ordered new furnature at Lamtright Comfort Chairs. They have a good selection of custom furnature. They mailed us some material samples and we called and ordered. They build on order,and are not cheap. It will take several months for delivery. We are expecting ours later this month. During our conversation with them, they reviewed the different furnature from brochure (previously mailed) Phone number 260-768-4820. We spoke to Jeremiah. jlambright@mailbug.com

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is also peeling, it was replaced under warranty in 2018 because the heated seats failed,so its about 3 years old.
We would like to go furniture shopping but won't due to covid.
I like the reupholster idea and will look into that.

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would look for someone to reupholster the existing furniture with better materials. This will be more durable than another LCI replacement.
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

Shame its an LTI piece...

My last Redwood had chairs made by Williamsburg Furniture, I had an issue and they were great. Sent a picture of the tag under the seat and I had a brand new chair delivered for free within 2 weeks.. and it was a year out of the Manufactures (RV) warranty.

You have nothing to loose except time if you pursue replacement..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much anything by LCI is JUNK. Your best and cheapest fix is slip covers.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lippert RV furniture is notorious for this. The upholstery is bonded leather (ground up bits of leather glued to a fabric backing). It breaks down fairly quickly, especially with exposure to UV. Out of warranty, there is little or no recourse. This problem is not unique to Grand Design, either - it's any RV with Lippert/Thomas Payne furniture. Many folks replace the OEM furniture with something higher quality and more durable. For example, we removed the sleeper sofa (in both our current Solitude and previous Reflection) and have two Ekornes Stressless recliners in its place.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I don't think so!! You could call the manufacturer, if you want to give them a chuckle. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry to say, if you are within the original warranty (which you aren't), you have a chance of appliance replacement, or trailer repair, but wear/tear on furniture, well past warranty, not a chance!

I'd just buy a decent chair, at a discount furniture chain, and call it good.

Jerry