cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rte 2 Across Vermont, New Hampshire into Maine

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has driving this. We'' be coming form Burlington VT heading east bound. Wondering about bridges along the way or any other tidbits that should be made aware of. Considering mid to late October.

Thx
Happy Trails
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
5 REPLIES 5

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
Rt2 is a great road to travel on weather a car, MC, RV or even a large truck for the drive takes you across VT, NH and Maine. There will be a few steep hills but nothing really going up or down to be worried about. Also keep you phone ready for some great photos to take along the way. But cell service is sporadic along the way, dead zones..
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Crabbypatty wrote:
Wondering if anyone has driving this. We'' be coming form Burlington VT heading east bound. Wondering about bridges along the way or any other tidbits that should be made aware of. Considering mid to late October.

Thx
Happy Trails
Have done Rt 2 a few times, no problems, Know that many, if not most campgrounds in New England close around Columbus Day, I'm sure there may be a few that don't.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

FrayJo
Explorer
Explorer
Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9wGaXKqfw

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Many years ago I took it from Maine to NH. It was very doable with a Class A and toad. I do remember where it said "road out ahead" and lo and behold, that is exactly what they meant. The pavement ended and it was just a packed section! That was a shocker. But, a very pretty scenic road. Enjoy.

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
No problems.
al