cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside assistance

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to change my roadside assistance plan. Always had motorhomes. Now have Truck and fifth wheel. Looking for any plans that may be geared more toward the 5er owner. Whats good, bad, or whatever you may think. Am I correct in thinking there are roadside plans geared towards the 5er? thanks

Tim
11 REPLIES 11

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
I recently used AAA for a blown tire on my 5th wheel. They dispatched a local towing service. Service was prompt and courteous. Couldn't have been more satisfied. Luckily, it happened close to home and I drove straight to America's Tire for a replacement.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember, all road side assistance plans use the same local companies. None have their โ€œdedicatedโ€ in all places

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Used Good Sam today when I locked my keys in my truck. Have used them a few times in the past 5 years and was always very satisfied.

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, these answers are what I was looking for. Several options for me to explore! thanks

Tim

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Simply have towing on your truck/RV policy!
Does this cover the trailer? My regular insurance carrier it only covered the truck.

Talk to your agent. My RV is added to truck policy and covered for 100k. It also has towing.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Does this cover the trailer? My regular insurance carrier it only covered the truck.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I have not used Good Sam ERS platinum for many years. Very happy about not using something I purchased. It covers every vehicle I drive from motorcycle to trucks. Been a member for 17 years.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Good Sams roadside assistance for years and had good service both on the road and around home. The one thing to look at is if who ever you use, make sure they will tow both your trailer and tow truck if your truck breaks down and not leave your trailer along side the road. I have seen a couple occasions that they towed the truck to the shop and the camper to the nearest campground.
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Call your insurance agent, you might have RSA in your auto policy.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Coachnet has plans for MHs and plans for towed RVs.