cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Facility

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
While en-route to Phoenix AZ I stopped at a small city park and a Texas Oak tree jumped out and damaged my roof. Insurance company said to seal it up and proceed to Phoenix for repair. I will be staying on the West side of Phoenix can anyone recommend a repair facility,if you have had bad experience one to stay away from, in the Phoenix, Surprise area. I am going to have the rubber roof replaced, a vent and a skylight and want a quality job. This is on a 2011 Forest River Wildcat 35ft fifth wheel.

thanks
Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van
6 REPLIES 6

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mileshuff, if you would post your impression of their service. I will not arrive in AZ until the end of October and have a medical appointment on Nov 4th to get out of the way then will look at taking the trailer in. Past experience with blow out damage in San Antonio Tx, on my travel trailer at that time, and it sat for 6 weeks before I got it back, this time I want it all approved and parts on hand so I can take it in get it done and get it back to the RV park hoping for no more than a week turn around.

Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Do not have experience with these guys but have heard lots of good reviews. I'll be taking my 5v'er there in the next few days. They are on 91st Ave & Bell.

http://www.rvcompletecollision.com/
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Harold, will check them out when we get in, my son lives in Surprise so will stay with them while repair being made.

Dennis M M wish it had been my bumper, lot easier to get repaired.

Thanks for the in put Ken Burke but Topeka is in the wrong direction on this trip.

Stuff happens just got to keep positive attitude.

Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van

ken_burke
Explorer
Explorer
wohtex wrote:
While en-route to Phoenix AZ I stopped at a small city park and a Texas Oak tree jumped out and damaged my roof. Insurance company said to seal it up and proceed to Phoenix for repair. I will be staying on the West side of Phoenix can anyone recommend a repair facility,if you have had bad experience one to stay away from, in the Phoenix, Surprise area. I am going to have the rubber roof replaced, a vent and a skylight and want a quality job. This is on a 2011 Forest River Wildcat 35ft fifth wheel.

thanks
Bill

. . . .
It must have been the same tree that damaged our roof. Luckily we were attending the FROG rally near Topeka, IN, when we noticed the rip on the corner of the roof. Topeka is the home of the Cedar Creek manufacturing plant. The service tech from Cedar Creek said that a "patch" on the roof is just a "patch" and they would not use a patch to repair the roof. A patch is meant to be a temporary fix, and may leak in the future. After discussions with our insurance company and Forest River, the insurance company agreed to pay for a new roof. The work was done at Cedar Creek. They did a great job under budget and with great enthusiasm. We had to make a second trip to Topeka to have the job done. But the trip was really worth it.
You may want to contact Cedar Creek and see what they would recommend. If you can get it fixed there it would be worth the trip.
ken and sue
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 diesel, Crew Cab, LB, SRW, 4X4, White
Cedar Creek 34SB, 37 feet 5th wheel, Reese 20K Hitch
"So many questions, so little time."

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah that happens. I was in a rest area last year and a fence post ran right across the lot and whacked my front bumper! Good luck with the repair.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend Orangewood RV.
11447 W. Bell Rd. Surprise, Az.
800-974-1772
local; 623-974-3000