cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picked up a new toy hauler last night

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
sold the weekend warrior due to frame flex and leaks...just picked up this 2008 keystone energy 230fs last night for $16,500.00..its only been out on 3 trips since purchased...even has a year left on the extended warrenty...he has never even used the generator since he purchased it

i havnt seen a whole lot on here for this model,..what do you guys think?..

5 REPLIES 5

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
Probably the easiest fix of all to problems with the old trailer, make them someone elses.

Congrats on the "new to you" trailer (I can't imagine owning one for 6 years and using it 3 times but I know it happens). Maintenance overhaul should let you enjoy this one for years. I agree, double check that hour meter though, mine had 2/10's on it at delivery just from being test fired.

I like the interior finish!
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Nice unit. It's a Tailgater clone which Keystone also made. I had a Tailgater, good basic unit over all. Typical issues: watch for screws pulling out of walls on the sofas. Make sure they cut the bottom out of the gen compartment for ventilation.
As others noted check the stuff that ages like tires and roof caulking.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
I would check your hour meter to make sure it is working. In addition, if it has not been used since 2008, I would perform a service before using. Nice Trailer. Good Luck.

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your upgrade. Remember to check the born date of the tires, fire up the generator monthly for an hour under load, inspect the ramp, roof seams and vents and calk. She is purdy so Keep her dry inside.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

joedirt
Explorer II
Explorer II
outside needs some cleaning,..but he did have a tarp over the roof