cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Truck Needs New Hitch

NorthernNeck_VA
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2016 F350 over the weekend and need a new hitch. I am pulling a 41 foot Landmark, San Antonio. Not sure what hitch to get. The bed comes ready to drop in the hitch in using the puck system.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

NNK
Jimmy & Kathy
Northern Neck, VA.
2013 Landmark San Antonio
2016 F350
2005 Ford F350, DRW, Diesel (SOLD)
2005 King of the Road "Royal Villa" 34BW (SOLD)

"The amateur does it 'til he gets it right. But the expert does it until he can't get it wrong."
30 REPLIES 30

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Got to think E-trailer, due to the fast shipping. I ordered tire/wheels from them, and received them in 2 days. I've ordered items from Tweety's too. Good people, but IIRC standard shipping time was about normal (3-5 days). Either place, good source for hitches, similar price, free shipping.

Also could have been local to OP supplier?? Maybe he'll report back. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
NorthernNeck,VA wrote:
B&W Companion

Next question, who did you buy it from?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ACZL wrote:
Only been into RVing for 15 years and always heard about Reese hitches and that's what we 1st had and I upgraded few years back to a swivel head Reese. Come new/bigger/heavier RV and felt current Reese not up to the task. Went w/ B&W Patriot and OMG, best move I did. Not saying it's the lightest hitch out there, but this thing is one stout unit. Kinda like the one you'd want in your corner in a bar fight.

While there are other quality hitches out there, you can't beat the Patriot line for rail use hitches. Top build quality, reasonable price, and not heavy, if non-sliding. Using custom frame mounting brackets, makes the install fairly easy too. I do think the puck system is best overall, and the puck option, with in bed plug-in, is a real bargain.

Jerry

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Only been into RVing for 15 years and always heard about Reese hitches and that's what we 1st had and I upgraded few years back to a swivel head Reese. Come new/bigger/heavier RV and felt current Reese not up to the task. Went w/ B&W Patriot and OMG, best move I did. Not saying it's the lightest hitch out there, but this thing is one stout unit. Kinda like the one you'd want in your corner in a bar fight.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

NorthernNeck_VA
Explorer
Explorer
B&W Companion
Jimmy & Kathy
Northern Neck, VA.
2016 F350

"The amateur does it 'til he gets it right. But the expert does it until he can't get it wrong."

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
NorthernNeck,VA wrote:
I ordered it on Tuesday. It arrived yesterday. I was amazed at how easy the install was. Thanks for the recommendations. Can't wait to pull with it.

Thanks again.

NNK

Which hitch? Man, that was FAST. 1 day? Holy smokes!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

NorthernNeck_VA
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered it on Tuesday. It arrived yesterday. I was amazed at how easy the install was. Thanks for the recommendations. Can't wait to pull with it.

Thanks again.

NNK
Jimmy & Kathy
Northern Neck, VA.
2016 F350

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Put the GM puck version of the B&W in our new truck. From E-trailer
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tweetys is a good place also. I have bought three B&W's from them with free and FAST shipping. Prices are set by B&W.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I have been nothing but happy with my B&W Companion. The only other one Iโ€™d consider is an air hitch.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Many suppliers carry it, but E-trailer is a good source.

Jerry

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Yup, B&W 3300 drops right in! It is light weight, two pieces, easy in/out. It is very user friendly, hitches/unhitches easily at any angle. Same as pictured above, but with a 78 lb base.

Jerry

This is the one I want - where do you get it?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Dad used to do it with his 18K Companion. Really no big deal.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
billyray50 wrote:
I am still deciding between Anderson ultimate or the companion. I have a slide truck camper that I use most of the time. Honestly our fifth wheel that we purchased last summer was only moved and used to our seasonal in may then moved to winter storage at end of October. But in saying this would like to use the fifth more. Weight when installing and removing is a concern for my situation. Both are from what I read from real time owners ae excellent set ups.

The main reason we went with the Anderson was the weight of the unit and getting it in/out of the truck. DH has had 4 back surgeries and I was having to put the old one in/out. That booger was HEAVY! I figured that at 60, I would not be able to do it for many more years, so we went with the Anderson. I can pick it up with one arm and carry it.

With the B&W you can just pop the release handles and let it hang on the king pin. :B No lifting necessary, not even the ~40 lbs of the AUH.

Lyle

Hey now.. Hmmm. Any pics of that!