cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Weekend warrior weights

Matt22
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought my first weekend warrior. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the weights, I have a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe V-8 four-wheel-drive, but I don't know if that's enough truck to tow the trailer.

I do not understand tongue weight, axel weight, and GWR.

How much does a fully loaded weekend warrior FS2200 weigh?

Will my Chevy Tahoe be able to tow this? How much truck do I need? Will a Toyota tundra?
17 REPLIES 17

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
fly-boy wrote:
Racerx11 wrote:
lincster wrote:
Neither a Tahoe or Tundra will be any fun towing any toyhauler.

Oh? And why is that?
I take my Rage'n fs2600 everywhere and my Tundra tows it great.

Try hooking your trailer up to at least a 3/4 ton diesel. (choose your brand) You don't know what great is- or towing fun. 🙂 A bigger truck will provide you so much more safety margin, ride comfort, and driving fun...

Exactly!!!!!!

If you have only ever towed with a Tundra, you don't know what a more capable truck feels like.
Hook up your trailer to my truck and get back to me on how great your Tundra feels than...... 🙂
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Advertised wgts on all of them do not include options such as gen/ a/c fuel tank & fuel, etc. I think you will have too much tongue wgt and be over the rear axle rating of the Tahoe. That short wheelbase tv is not the best for towing. Check wgt rating on the tv tires also. Good luck, you're gonna need it.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Matt22 wrote:
I just bought my first weekend warrior. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the weights, I have a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe V-8 four-wheel-drive, but I don't know if that's enough truck to tow the trailer.

I do not understand tongue weight, axel weight, and GWR.

How much does a fully loaded weekend warrior FS2200 weigh?

Will my Chevy Tahoe be able to tow this? How much truck do I need? Will a Toyota tundra?
As others have mentioned, the "factory stickers" inside many Weekend Warriors are not a reliable indicator of the actual weight of the unit. I spent a year looking at toy haulers. Two Weekend Warrior FK2100's I looked at had factory stickers that showed a UVW of approx. 4300 lbs. Had both weighed (empty, except for batteries & propane) at a nearby scale. One weighed 5600 lbs., the other 5700 lbs.

As with any 1/2 ton type of vehicle (Tahoe, Tundra, etc.), the real concern IMO is not the gross weight of the toy hauler, it's the tonque weight. Tonque weight on toy haulers are notoriously very high. For instance, I have very small toy hauler (5000 lbs. empty). Advertised empty tongue weight is 750 lbs. With everything heavy loaded directly over the toy hauler's rear axles (water tanks empty), my realworld, loaded, tonque weight soars to 1050 lbs., only leaving me with 300-400 lbs. of payload remaining on my 1/2 ton truck.

thinkpt
Explorer
Explorer
I have a WWfs2500. I bought it to tow behind my Tahoe, 2wd, and after 2 trips bought a 3/4 ton duramax. A couple of barely windy sections about sent me off a cliff, it was no fun. you can try but its night and day different with a real 3/4 ton truck. i personally would never do a tahoe for that type of trailer again. JMHO
2006 Chevy 2500 6.6L D/A
2007 WW FS2500, Billet etc
2006 Yamaha Rhino Special edition
2006 Honda Trx450er
2008 KTM 530 EXC R
2011 Kx250f
2006 Honda ex300
2009 Suzuki Kx100
2009 Suzuki kx85
2011 KTM 65sx
Son Ryan, Jake, and Jarett

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Racerx11 wrote:
lincster wrote:

Oh? And why is that?

Try hooking your trailer up to at least a 3/4 ton diesel. (choose your brand) You don't know what great is- or towing fun. 🙂 A bigger truck will provide you so much more safety margin, ride comfort, and driving fun...
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

Racerx11
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:

Oh? And why is that?

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
If you do decide to pull it load it light with all the other stuff you be putting in it. Food, paper plates and everything else. Do not pull it with water. Find a spot close to where your going to camp and then add the water there and pulll to the camp site.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

Bedlam
The SuperLites were right on the upper edge of 1/2t capable tow vehicles. It depended on how they were optioned and what you carried whether you needed a 3/4t. The issue was the tongue weight surpassing the TV axle capacity and receiver even with a WDH.

I had the full sized wide body FB2300 with plenty of options and it weighed over 7500 lbs when dry and empty with over 1000 lbs tongue weight.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Y-Guy
Due to the relatively short wheel base of the Tahoe I've never known anyone that really enjoyed towing with one, most of the people I've camped with that had one upgraded shortly after.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Our first WW was an FB 22 and we hauled it one time with our 2004 Tahoe. It was a miserable experience. Bought a new truck the day after we got home.

Try it but I think you will find you need more than a Tahoe.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

MQUnlimited
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, you're good man.
www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905

Matt22
Explorer
Explorer
All we are hauling are two banshees and some camping equipment.

MQUnlimited
Explorer
Explorer
You should be okay, especially with a weight distribution hitch. What exactly are you going to put in it, that will dictate your total weight.
www.youtube.com/mqunlimited
2008 Weekend Warrior SLC3905