cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mounting the tireminder booster under a fifth wheel triler

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I need to mount the tireminder booster on my fiver' and need some advise. they insist it needs to be mounted under the very front of the fiver' under the the forward storage bay, in my case that means fastening it to the steel box/floor, cutting a hole for the wires, ect,, it would be far easier to fasten it inside the forward compartment. Now that tireminder is now owned by dometic they have changed the customer service of the original company that was fast to the new(average phone wait of 30+ minutes)and rather limited tech support(basically reading FAQ from a screen) AKA typical dometic sub-service,,,, I can't see this booster not working well behind a fiberglass door,,, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
9 REPLIES 9

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is a TST system and the signal booster is mounted beside the pin box and wired to the power from the breakaway switch with a simple plug to disconnect the power. Been that way for 9 years and no issues.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the same booster on two fifth wheels, both mounted in basement storage with no issues.

I used the hot wire from the basement motion activated light for power on my current unit
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted it on the inside,,thanks fellas!!!!!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Zip tied mine in the front battery compartment. Works just fine. FWIW, it's the TST system.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is held down with zip ties near the batteries in the front compartment.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I mounted mine under the batteries with the antennas pointing down to the ground. The typical battery compartment is pretty open so it's easy to find power to run it.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine (not Tireminder) is mounted on the ceiling of the front storage bay. The nearby light has 12 volts so it was easy to wire with a switch so I can turn it on while I am breaking down camp.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I zip tied mine in the front compartment,overhead, out of the way AND found a wire up there for the outside clearance lights to power it since I always drive with my lights on anyway. That way it's only on when I'm towing.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine just lays loose on the front of the floor in my front storage area. Its's been there for a couple of years after I dumped TST.
It works fine there, even if the truck is unhooked and 15 feet away from the 5er.
Sorry to hear about the sale of the company, that's a game changer.
Puma 30RKSS