cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mid profile fifth wheel manufacturers

dennysbabe
Explorer
Explorer
We just sold our Carriage Cameo with the intent of downsizing a bit. Anyone know which FWs would be a mid profile besides Cougar?
18 REPLIES 18

dennysbabe
Explorer
Explorer
Well I've spent hours researching on the internet and we've hit almost every RV dealer in Southern California and are still trying to decide. All of your suggestions have been a great help in knowing what to look for. So far for FWs we've looked at Jayco's Eagle HT and Soltice, the Open Range Light by Heartland Ridge, Artic Wolf and Cougar HT by Keystone, and the Grand Design Reflection. We're gonna have to wait for the Pomona RV Show to see some of the others I guess because we can't find them at the dealers (Sundance XLT by Heartland; Durange 1500 by KZ; Chaparral Lite by Coachmen; Springdale by Keystone. The Northwood and Outdoor RV products look great but are a bit beyond our budget. As for TT the search is not any easier because we're trying to find something comparable to a FW floor plan under 31 feet but of course without the extensive inside and outside storage. Hopefully we'll settle on something soon!

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
our grand design 337RL Reflection is only 12.5 ft high to AC. total length of unit is 35'6" We love our unit. You might want to check one out. Tara
X-2. Had ours now for 4 months and 1 day. Have put 3500+ on it in the last month and 6 days on our current trip. Minor door/drawer latch problems, but they all have that. Good Luck in your choise.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
our grand design 337RL Reflection is only 12.5 ft high to AC. total length of unit is 35'6" We love our unit. You might want to check one out. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
dennysbabe wrote:
Thanks. We looked at the Grand Design Reflection and like it but one thing I'm learning is that a lot of units fall under mid profile since a lot of the newer units are going to 13'5" and higher. Looks like we'll have to go with a TT to get lower. Our Cameo was only 12'5" to the AC. Thanks again everyone for your help!

Most of the mid profile fivers are 12' to the highest point. If you add the second a/c you get up around 12'6" - 12'8" or so depending upon where the a/c mounts and if it's low profile or not

A full profile like my previous Columbus was 13'5" to the top of the second a/c and I didn't like being that tall at all
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
dennysbabe wrote:
We just sold our Carriage Cameo with the intent of downsizing a bit. Anyone know which FWs would be a mid profile besides Cougar?

Outdoors RV builds a very good unit.
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Crossroads RV Cruiser model
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

dennysbabe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We looked at the Grand Design Reflection and like it but one thing I'm learning is that a lot of units fall under mid profile since a lot of the newer units are going to 13'5" and higher. Looks like we'll have to go with a TT to get lower. Our Cameo was only 12'5" to the AC. Thanks again everyone for your help!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland
Grand Design Reflection
Forest River
Dutchman Denali
Crossroads

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Northwood's Fox Mountain line is what I would call a mid profile
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

dennysbabe
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate all the feedback and suggestions! We don't expect to find the same quality we had with the Cameo but we only used it for vacations and never spent as much time in at as we had originally planned. We definitely don't want something that's going to fall apart going down the road though so we'll compare quality before making a selection. We're thinking about going to a TT but want to check the mid profile units out first. If anyone comes up with more possibilities I'll definitely check them out. I have a follow up question about east coast vs west coast constructed units but I guess I should do a new post on that issue. Thanks again for your input!

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I agree that most all the manufacturers except the high end ones have at least one, and probably more, mid profile 5ers brands. Check each manufacturer web site and look at the different brands for one that looks like something you might want and might be available locally to go visit in person.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just about every 5th wheel manufacturer does mid profile units.

Those that market for high end don't usually do low profile and those that market to the low end often don't do full height. Those in the middle often to them all.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Paul Clancy wrote:
Kz Durango, crossroads cruiser, prime time crusader, reflection by grand design, jayco eagle, desert fox by northwoods. Tons more.

Add Durango 1500/2500 and Jayco Eagle HT models.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member