cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mice / holes in the frame

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed the other day that there are a few holes in the frame underneath my fifth wheel for cables and wires etc to go through and gaps between the frame and coroplast. Not a lot maybe 4 or 5 total combined. I’m concerned about mice when it’s stored for the winter getting in these areas. Should I fill these with spray foam or should I be worried? Or should they be left open for some reason? Thanks for your thoughts
3 REPLIES 3

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
This stuff- MouseShield

Moderator edit to re-size image to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We HAD that too. First trip out to Yellowstone, a chipmunk got in to our vents and was chatting up a storm right at the heater intake vent. Drove our Lab crazy. When we got home, we used the expanding foam on all the visible openings/gaps and steel wool in others and haven't had an issue since.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, fill them. You can get landscape foam that is dark gray if you are concerned with appearance. Mixing steel wool with the foam will give the critters another level of work to get in, but you probably shouldn't have it contact wires. Stainless steel wool or bronze wool will not turn to rust if it is a wet area.