cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever failed a complaint to there manufacture for major problems they had and problems getting them fixed when they bought a new 5er using the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If so how did you make out. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB
14 REPLIES 14

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:
Typically the Magnuson Moss act is used as the basis of the claim when a buyer sues an RV manufacturer. An Example.

That said you better have a strong case and deep pockets.

*VERY* (should be *giant caps*) *DEEP POCKETS* !!..:R

:(..:(

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Mike I have been messing with Heartland and a dealer Heartland send me too near me in NC and now the dealer i bought it from 2.5 hours away in SC, for the last year since May 2018. Who knows what kind of problems is ahead if I get to use it for any length of time
Dually 4x2

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to Lemonlawcase the restitution under MM act (aka Federal Lemon law) is

Damages

The damages available under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act differ from those under state statutes. State lemon laws permit recovery of the purchase price for the vehicle. Restitution under the Federal Lemon Law is the difference between what you actually paid for your vehicle, and what you would have paid, back at the time of purchase, if you had known then what you know now about your vehicle.

I assume you've contacted the manufacturer. That would be my next step. Sucks when you have an RV you can't use.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to drag this on. I found this on AVVO.com/legal-answers/heartland-rv-lemon.

But there is also a federal lemon law that can cover travel trailers and the rest of every Rv and it can help you too; it's called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Under this federal lemon law you only have to give them a reasonable chance to repair a defect. If they donโ€™t get everything fixed within a reasonable amount of time and within a reasonable number of chances, either one, then you have a lemon. If you do have a lemon Rv, then you probably have the right to chose between getting your money back or getting a replacement. You should talk to an Rv Lemon Law lawyer.

Just trying to find out if anyone has used it or where i can get the best legal help.
Dually 4x2

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP.. going out on a limb, but Im guessing the answer to your question is no.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has nothing to do with lemon laws, which generally only apply to motor vehicles.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Typically the Magnuson Moss act is used as the basis of the claim when a buyer sues an RV manufacturer. An Example.

That said you better have a strong case and deep pockets.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you contacted the manufacturer about your problems? I have found lots of times the dealer is the real problem.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
yankeecamper wrote:
jkwilson: How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?

The way I understand the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act after reading it and talking to to some other people it works in place of the lemon law. It's a federal law that works in place of the lemon law for all states. If the dealer or manufacture fails to fix your problem after so many tries or your unit has been out of service for a length of time you can demand some kind of settlement. In most cases you will have to get a lawyer involved.
Just hoping I would find someone on here that knows more about it or has used it or what they have done to get major problems solved. I have had three Major problems with my 5er from purchase date 5/22/18 till now. It has been in the shop 5 times for more the 120 days so I have not even to enjoy it and I'm still fighting with the manufacture.

That is not what it is at all. It doesnโ€™t even require a company to provide a warranty. It just specifies how the warranty is written and how implied warranties are defined.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
jkwilson: How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?

The way I understand the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act after reading it and talking to to some other people it works in place of the lemon law. It's a federal law that works in place of the lemon law for all states. If the dealer or manufacture fails to fix your problem after so many tries or your unit has been out of service for a length of time you can demand some kind of settlement. In most cases you will have to get a lawyer involved.
Just hoping I would find someone on here that knows more about it or has used it or what they have done to get major problems solved. I have had three Major problems with my 5er from purchase date 5/22/18 till now. It has been in the shop 5 times for more the 120 days so I have not even to enjoy it and I'm still fighting with the manufacture.
Dually 4x2

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Home Skillet wrote:
Your rig may be covered under the Lemon law.

In most states the Lemon Law only pertains to motorized vehicles.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Are RVs consumer products?

โ€œCONSUMER PRODUCT.--The term โ€˜โ€˜consumer productโ€™โ€™ means any article, or component part thereof, produced or distributed (i) for sale to a consumer for use in or around a permanent or temporary household or residence, a school, in recreation, or otherwise, or (ii) for the personal use, consumption or enjoyment of a consumer in or around a permanent or temporary household or residence, a school, in recreation, or otherwise; but such term does not includeโ€” (A) any article which is not customarily produced or distributed for sale to, or use or consumption by, or enjoyment of, a consumer,โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your rig may be covered under the Lemon law.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY