cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Power to Landing Gear and Slides

fyrmnk
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, long post so bear with me as I explain lead up and problems. Manual seitches, lost remote. 2010 Montana Mountaineer 345 DBQ

Just took a trip from KC to Corpus. Horrible rough roads. Motor for back stabilizers broke off along the way and is gone, as did the fridge door (not gone :)).

Landing gear and slides worked fine to unhook. When hooking up to leave, landing gear was working, went to adjust truck, and wouldn’t work, tried slides and no luck either. Fuses good.

On remote board (remote lost). No power on “to manual switches” connections). Jumper used from always + to slides got rooms in, but nothing on landing gear, hand cranked to get on truck.

Got home, Found no power to fuse side of remote board switches, a purple wire feeding. Did jumper around and manual slides worked as did landing gear. Cut purple feed and hard connected purple to battery connection, gear and slides worked, then fuse blew.

Guessing purple is a switch leg needing it’s own power, but banging my head on the wall. Of course everything’s concealed. Purple feed runs under slides to “nowhere.”

Just weird I can jumper slides but not landing gear on board. Makes no sense to me. Not getting full power to lost motor connections either. Know something came loose but where and how to bypass? Thanks in advance for any insight.
2010 Montana Mountaineer 345DBQ 37' 5th Wheel

Previous: 2005 Coachmen Capri Ruby Edition 28' Bumper Pull
5 REPLIES 5

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
If your 10 Mountaineer wired like our 11, then the landing rear, hydraulic pump, rear stabilizers, awning & scare lights all run through the remote control brain. Do any of the others work. This is the one point all of these systems meet.
I would 1st look at the switches, just check they are plugged in good & not damaged. 2nd look over the wiring for the rear stabilizers. Make sure they aren't shorting out.
Not sure how you jumpered the slides. But the main power feed does not go through the brain box, only the control. Main power goes to switching solenoid, that is operated by the control board. Landing gear doesn't draw as many amps, so it appears to run through the control board.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

fyrmnk
Explorer
Explorer
RKW wrote:
Sometimes manufacturers sneak in an inline fuse in the oddest places. By inline fuse I mean one that is spliced in somewhere along the run of a wire, and no where near the fuse box. I've seen them tucked out of sight. Just spitballing here...

Thanks, there is an inline fuse fed by the dead wire, and when I bypassed the dead wire, it blew. Will look to see if I can find another one. Would sure be nice if they provided a schematic 🙂

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes manufacturers sneak in an inline fuse in the oddest places. By inline fuse I mean one that is spliced in somewhere along the run of a wire, and no where near the fuse box. I've seen them tucked out of sight. Just spitballing here...
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.

fyrmnk
Explorer
Explorer
Switch is on. Flipped off and on, no change.

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
IS your battery disconnect switch on or off. I had a similar problem after a real rough trip and found the disconnect had been bumped and turn off.