cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Location of Hydraulic Fuel reservoir

scottyballs
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Keystone Cougar. I cannot find the HF reservoir. It's NOT located in the front compartment with the landing gear. I have no other panels on the sides that might be the location, and I don't see it anywhere underneath. Is it hidden up under the protective panel that covers the bottom of the trailer?
10 REPLIES 10

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I have not seen all Cougars, but I've never seen one with hydraulic anything. I think your manual is simply wrong. Huh, who woulda thunk the manual would have errors?
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
It's not hydraulic if you have an electric 12 volt motor attached to the landing gear. So what is the problem besides looking for something that isn't there? On the other hand I believe Big Foot leveling system is hydraulic, is that what you have?

My slides are all hydraulic and the pump and reservoir is easy to service it is next to the leveling legs switch.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The pump, tank and motor should be all one piece.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
If it is hydraulic the reservoir will be where the noise comes from.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked in the compartment the propane cylinders are in, or it could be that the electric motor, pump, and reservoir are built as one unit.

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
A pump is needed in order to run the hydraulic pump...
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....

scottyballs
Explorer
Explorer
There is an electric motor near the landing gear. With my very limited knowledge of hydraulics, I didn't think you would need an electrical motor with a hydraulic system. However, the manual that came with the trailer clearly state that it is a hydraulic system. Strange?

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you're hydraulic? All the pics I find online for older Cougar 5th wheels appear to be electric.

If you do have a reservoir, it should be easily accessible.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

scottyballs
Explorer
Explorer
OBVIOUSLY I meant FLUID.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Hydraulic 'fuel'.. that's a new one on me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman