cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lippert six point levelling jacks

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I have Lippert's six point levelling jacks and i'm wondering how "off level" can the bases/system handle/ In my lot in florida, the concrete area is roughly 3" lower from the right to left wheels and with my older fiver with just the forward and rear retractable jacks I would jack up the left wheels, stack two pieces of 2x8" under both then stack two pieces placed under the jacks and level front to back. Now my new fiver has round disks on all six jacks with little play and i'm worried that that much angle will damage them if forced to sit at an angle.

Thanks in advance!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
26 REPLIES 26

CoMoCo
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
OK,, really appreciate the feed-back guy's!!! Just to "idiot-proof" this when I pull on my lot with the truck still connected I should,,

-place the 10x10" wedge blocks under the three jacks
-manually lower the front jacks to disconnect the truck
-jack up the two wheels and put the 10x18" wedge blocks under them
-then hit the "auto level" and crack a beer,,,,,am i right?

again thanks for your help!

Not sure how you are going to jack up the 2 wheels after disconnecting the truck. If you are putting anything under the wheels shouldn't that be step one? Then wedge blocks under the Lippert jacks; then lower the front jacks and disconnect truck. Then auto level and beverage!
'23 Silverado High Country 3500 SRW LB D/A; '22 Cedar Creek 345IK

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
^X2 I'm sitting with my wheels 2" off the ground after the 6 pt system leveled. Having experience broken springs and ripped spring hangers, I tend to keep an eye on the suspension system and my shackle links are not inverted. I see inverted links as the only potential problem to wheels off the ground. I do carry a 2x10 board that I can put under the low side wheels to keep some tension on the wheels. I've got two small level indicators stuck inside a cargo door to give me an idea of which jacks need help with wood blocks under them to avoid stroke out.

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
I've lifted tires off the ground regularly for the last few years in our 2019 320 Vilano, including to change tires etc. I'd guess that ~20% of our campsites have one side or the other lifted off of the ground. The LevelUp system is certainly capable. I have MORryde IS also though. If you have standard leaf springs and equilizer you may end up inverting the spring/equilizer connection which will result in a big *bang* when it rights itself.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or put two of the lego blocks in front of each wheel on the low side and drive up over them. You should be able to pull up on them unless they slide on the pavement. Then, you will be only 1 inch or so difference, and jacks will handle the rest.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Considering the capacity of the six point hydraulic leveling jacks, lifting tires off the ground isn't an issue. The builders say not to do it, but IMO that is strictly a CYA.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
So is it okay then if you are off level to have one side where the tires are lifted off the ground? I don't have this system yet but sure the next rig will and was curious if that would cause any damage or its perfectly fine.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
OK,, really appreciate the feed-back guy's!!! Just to "idiot-proof" this when I pull on my lot with the truck still connected I should,,

-place the 10x10" wedge blocks under the three jacks
-manually lower the front jacks to disconnect the truck
-jack up the two wheels and put the 10x18" wedge blocks under them
-then hit the "auto level" and crack a beer,,,,,am i right?

again thanks for your help!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
If you are very far off level, especially side to side, the systems will not level the rig. I do carry some wood blocks to get closer to level so that the leveling system can work. I also carry 4" x 6" blocks to put under the jacks to have less jack extension. The longer the jack extension, the more prone the rig is to wobbling.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Like above, IF the ground is that unlevel I would use a block or 2 of wood UNDER the ram only to prevent an " Out Of Stroke" warning when leveling.....

Had my 1 side tires off the ground a few times
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use blocks under the low side tires to get the trailer within 2 or 3 inches of being level before I auto level. If I don't the jacks will lift the low side tires off the ground. I have a bubble level on the front of the fifth wheel to help getting it level side to side.
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have been on some really unlevel sites where the wheels on the low side end up 4 to 6 inches off the ground.
Just put some extra blocks under the feet of the jacks on the low side to avoid the possible out of stroke error.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Bessie-Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
The disks will swivel on the ram and lay flat on the ground.