cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifting 2008 cyclone fifth wheel toy hauler

Jodesi76
Explorer
Explorer
hello every one I own a 2008 cyclone fifth wheel toy hauler with 3 axle under springs setup my. f250 has a 6" lift what I'm looking for is just 2" gain clearance from my bed rails the Spring hangers have two additional holes from where the shackles were set at the factory. So the question is has any one tryed moving shackles down to the lower holes on the hangers. My plan is to add sleeves in between the hangers to reduce flex do you guys believe this will work or will the stress on the hangers be too great on the hangers and welds thank you in advance
3 REPLIES 3

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Jodesi76 wrote:
hello every one I own a 2008 cyclone fifth wheel toy hauler with 3 axle under springs setup my. f250 has a 6" lift what I'm looking for is just 2" gain clearance from my bed rails the Spring hangers have two additional holes from where the shackles were set at the factory. So the question is has any one tryed moving shackles down to the lower holes on the hangers. My plan is to add sleeves in between the hangers to reduce flex do you guys believe this will work or will the stress on the hangers be too great on the hangers and welds thank you in advance

A very cheap bolt on solution is to get a Correct Track 2 kit for your trailer. It is designed to align your axles but as a side effect, it raises the rig exactly 2". Only about $350 and can be done with simple tools and a drill. If the lower holes give you the clearance needed, I'd start there though. If your worried about added lateral forces, got with a set of MorRyde X-Factor cross braces.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a 2008 Cyclone triaxle, shackles are in the bottom hole of hanger and have had no problems with it. Was pulling with a 6 inch lifted Duramax, but switched to an hdt now.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
My dual axle 14K 5vr has adjustment holes in shackles.

I moved my leaf springs down one hole to get 5vr level....gained 2"
That was 7 yrs. ago.

Didn't need to strap shackles cause they were already blocked/strapped from factory.................otherwise I would have
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31