cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Landing gear all the way down.

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
My nose cone needs a good washing. I was thinking about lowering the landing gear all the way down to provide a lower height to wash the nose cone.
What is the chance that when the gear is down I will not being able to raise the gear all the up again?
12 REPLIES 12

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Walaby wrote:
It always amazes me why so many people are afraid to use things in the RV as designed.

Afraid to use the retract all button because you thought it was not advisable to retract the jacks all the way? Or afraid to extend the jacks all the way?

Sorry. I just donโ€™t get it.

well extending them all the way does seam to cause a issue, maybe thats only in auto level mode?

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
bobbyg123 wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
you hit the hard retract stop every time you get ready to leave. its the full extension that causes the issues.

Steve

I never use the "retract all" button when I'm ready to pull out because I thought it wasn't advisable to pull the jacks all the way up. I always stand there like a dumbass holding the button, which probably causes more problems.

I use the retract rear to lift the back jacks while I am doing other thenge then readjust the front. unless I just happened to be on the right direction of sloap where I can use the return to hitch level setting. that one auto retracts the rear jacks and then sets the front to the hight you unhooked from. then when I am done my tug test I auto retract front while I pick up my pads.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
It always amazes me why so many people are afraid to use things in the RV as designed.

Afraid to use the retract all button because you thought it was not advisable to retract the jacks all the way? Or afraid to extend the jacks all the way?

Sorry. I just donโ€™t get it.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
We camped at a State park last weekend. We booked the site on the internet last spring without going and looking at it. It sloped downward from the road. When I got backed in the cheap level I have stuck to the side of the trailer was pegged all the way forward. Past the 7" mark on the level vial. I ran the legs down as far as I thought I could. Then dropped the feet a few inches to the ground. Got the weight on the feet and unhooked. I then had to run the legs up what I'm estimating as around 22 inches, probably more, to get the nose down to a level position. When it came time to leave it ran right back up to where I needed it to to hook up again.
Fit the site perfectly. Rear of the trailer was 3 inches from a tree. All 4 slides had no obstructions close. The front of the awning missed a 4 foot wide oak tree by 3 inches.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
you hit the hard retract stop every time you get ready to leave. its the full extension that causes the issues.

Steve

I never use the "retract all" button when I'm ready to pull out because I thought it wasn't advisable to pull the jacks all the way up. I always stand there like a dumbass holding the button, which probably causes more problems.
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
My drive way slopes a little where I park the camper. Even in the bed of the truck it is hard to get a good scrub on the nose.

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
I back my truck to the nose and climb into the bed to wash the nose.....

That's what I do.

I back my truck to the nose and climb into the bed to wash the nose.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
bucky wrote:
I do it all the time. No different than a badly sloped campsite.

I agree, but I normally try to avoid hitting the absolute stop, even when raising the legs for travel. I have a mark on the leg, about a 1/2" from hard stop. IMO, doing this is just easier on the components, especially with full wt on the legs, like the OP is asking.

Jerry

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
As long as you have a fully charged battery you should be fine. Better if you can be plugged in at the time so the converter can help the battery.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do it all the time. No different than a badly sloped campsite.
Puma 30RKSS