cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kz Durango 2500

Blackb66
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy a 2018 KZ Durango 2500. Does anyone have any advice on this line I cant find a ton of reviews for them. I am looking for some feedback.
6 REPLIES 6

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 16 2500 and have been very pleased with it. Only had a couple of items for warranty before the 24 month warranty ran out. LED light strip in awning and the wood around refrigerator was moisture damaged. Turns out the damage was because the refrigerator vent was stopped up. We had a 13 Montana before that and I feel that it is as well built as the Montana was. I had just upgraded to Sailun G rated tires on the Montana and had those moved to the KZ when we traded. Depending on the weight, I would recommend going to G rated tires. Also, ours has the adjustable height suspension like a previous Jayco had on it. Mine is as high as it will go and I have about 7" clearance towing level.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

Hiker52
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Durango 2500 purchased new in July 2015. We have towed it at least 20,000 mile in about all terrain. It has been almost trouble free. Had a small water leak due to a washer being in backwards. No damage as not a big leak. Otherwise all good. Replaced the tires recently as did have a blowout going to FL. but thought the originals had done OK. We have 2 A/C but the bedroom AC is too loud to run while sleeping. However we do run the bedroom AC while watching TV in the living room. Set a small fan on bedroom dresser and circulate the cool air. Makes watching TV more enjoyable without the main AC running. Ours is rear living, front bedroom. We are very happy with our RV and have looked at new RV's at shows, etc and always ending up saying "we like ours better". Good luck.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 17 1500 series and while we haven't used it a whole lot yet, so far, it has performed well with only a few minor issues. for some reason, the stereo went out but it was replaced under warranty. Also, whatever caused the stereo to go out blew a fuse on the converter and caused us to lose our batteries. Our neighbors on that trip we're not thrilled that I had to idle my diesel for about 30 minutes while we packed up to leave since I couldn't even move the slides or the jacks. Got it all fixed and no problems since. I was a little worried as it is a post-Thor build but both KZ and my dealer have stepped up to the plate on the few minor issues that we've had. I would definitely look at another KZ were I in the market.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer
Had two different KZ products, no issues. Took my daughters on a factory tour in IN and was impressed with their QC processes, they have been a reliable manufacturer.
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Not a 2500 but we have a 1500 that weโ€™ve used heavily for the last 3 summers and itโ€™s been a very good rig to date. I would consider another KZ for sure.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 2018 Durango 2500. Taken it on several trips, about 9K miles. No real issues, very happy with our our purchase. Not a lot of gingerbread, but its put together well.
Check out the KZ owners forum, http://kzfamilyforum.com/ as well as the FB page. Both have straight answers, not full of "fan boys".