cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Eagle replacement ac motor

oldmanriver809
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out with my installation of the replacement Fasco ac motor I just purchased. My original motor had bad bearings and froze up. I purchased the exact motor only newer since the original is from 2008. The original has two brown wires that plug into the capacitor. I had to mark one with a marker before I removed it for replacement. My problem is that the replacement has two brown wires too but one is brown and white and the other is brown and black so I have no idea which one plugs into which capacitor.. I canโ€™t figure out how to post the wiring diagram that is on the motors or else I would. Thank you all in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

oldmanriver809
Explorer
Explorer
Cougar28 yes the new motor is the same model numbers and parameters. Also the black, red, and white wires on each diagram indicate the same โ€œcomโ€, โ€œhighโ€, and โ€œlowโ€

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
OK just making sure. It doesn't matter which side of the capacitor which one of the brown wires goes to. Just be sure you get the red-black and white back correctly.
Dose the new motor use the same size capacitor as the old? Not a bad idea to replace the old capacitor when you replace the motor.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
oldmanriver809 wrote:
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out with my installation of the replacement Fasco ac motor I just purchased. My original motor had bad bearings and froze up. I purchased the exact motor only newer since the original is from 2008. The original has two brown wires that plug into the capacitor. I had to mark one with a marker before I removed it for replacement. My problem is that the replacement has two brown wires too but one is brown and white and the other is brown and black so I have no idea which one plugs into which capacitor.. I canโ€™t figure out how to post the wiring diagram that is on the motors or else I would. Thank you all in advance.

Just wire the brown/white as tho it's all brown. It is marked that way so it can be wired as a 3 wire setup . I am not going to confuse you on how to do that. I'm retired AC guy.

oldmanriver809
Explorer
Explorer
Cougar28 yes both motors actually have five total wires on each. The black, red, and white are on both motors which I will connect to each color accordingly but the brown wires are different.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
The new motor have 2 brown's- 1 white-1 black-1 red ?
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate