cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Info on 5th wheel brand

Judo_x-ray
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter and her hubby are looking at a 2018 Vilano 40 ft. with 6 slides. Looking for input on this brand? Are they well made and/or expensive.
23 REPLIES 23

4youngs1
Explorer
Explorer
We've considered them as well, we even toured the factory. I agree they have a lot of nice features, but not much CCC. Also, I was not impressed with their facility at all, but I've been in manufacturing engineering for 30 years.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed on a Facebook Van Leigh pit on this year the gas and electric refrigerator is available now.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

justme
Explorer
Explorer
I think Vilano 5th wheel put most of the money in gliz and glamor and not enough into the syspension. That is a big draw back if traveling is important.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
The early six slide Vilanos only had 1,600# of cargo capacity, ridiculously low for a rig that size. If the tanks were full, you would have to leave your clothes and toothbrush at home. I understand they listened to their customers and increased the CCC on later models.

Misinformation by me. Current CCC is 1,700#, based on an average dry weight, meaning options could even reduce that number.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
big bird 2 wrote:
We have been out four consecutive days dry camping and only moved to drain waste tanks and add fresh water..
To each his own, but moving a 5th wheel for that is a big job.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
Not true about multiple day dry camping. We ended up buying a 2019 Forest River 24 foot Cardinal Luxury. It has a residential refrigerator, two batteries and solar. We added a 5.5 Onan gen. We have been out four consecutive days dry camping and only moved to drain waste tanks and add fresh water. We run the gen 2 hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. We make sure we have full sun on the solar panels. The electrical monitors keep us in a safe range.
Big Bird 2

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Diesel, hopefully they know what type of camping they want to do. No multiple day dry camping with that unit.

That is exactly why we don't have one now.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
big bird 2 wrote:
Don't believe all the junk. Tiffin, who makes the Vilano, is the best manufacturer on the market. I just wish they made a shorter model. They standby all they sell.

When we looked, Tiffen didn't make them, it was a family member though. So, I figured they would be built with similar quality.
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
kennethwooster wrote:
We have a Vilano Beacon. I will recommend Vilano especially someone working out of an rv. Itโ€™s a beautiful trailer and feels very well made. Also the service is excellent. We love the residential fridge.

I agree that they seem well built, and we looked at the Van Leigh. It was the smallest one we could find at the time. I don't know about now. We did like them a lot, but again, for us, the small tanks and residential fridge are a no go.
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Vilano Beacon. I will recommend Vilano especially someone working out of an rv. Itโ€™s a beautiful trailer and feels very well made. Also the service is excellent. We love the residential fridge.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
Don't believe all the junk. Tiffin, who makes the Vilano, is the best manufacturer on the market. I just wish they made a shorter model. They standby all they sell.
Big Bird 2

Judo_x-ray
Explorer
Explorer
They are not new to the RV lifestyle. They have traveled the country for his work. Their Montana they have now is nearly worn out. HE is situated in an RV park now and this job will be long term. They know it will take a big TV to pull it, should the need be. They were concerned about the construction and durability of the unit. Thanks for your replies to my post.

Judo_x-ray
Explorer
Explorer
They are not new to the RV lifestyle. He has worn out the Montana they now have, traveling the country doing Nuclear shut-downs. This new job he has now will be for the long run. He is already situated in an RV park. and yes he knows they would need a big truck to pull it, should they decide to. Their interest is mainly in the construction and durability of the unit. Thanks for all of your reply to my post.

Judo_x-ray
Explorer
Explorer
they are not new to RV lifestyle. He has worn out the Montana they have now, and he is pretty well set in this job. He is parked in an RV park now, and yes he knows it would take a big truck to take it on the road. Thanks for your reply to my post.