cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitch choice

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. I own a 2017 F350 6.2L long bed crew cab, and I’m in the market for my first 5th wheel hitch after 10+ years of bumper pulling.

I’ve heard good things about B&W, but they of course make several different hitch options. What should I be looking for? My new 5th wheel won’t weigh more than 11,000 lbs loaded, and I won’t ever bigger than the set up I just purchased; certainly not with my gas truck.

Thanks.
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L
101 REPLIES 101

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Anderson. We have had one for over 20k since 2017. 0 problems and no chunking. They are good idea for those who also need to tow a stock trailer or goose neck. Nice thing is you can carry it in one hand if you have to take it out for other uses for the PU. The hitch does require a complete frame mounted ball hitch to the bed of the truck so pricing is comparable
to most other products. In the small park I'm in tonight out of six 5th wheels 4 are running the Anderson system
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
I will say B&W. The hitch head is safe. It’s is either correct or it won’t close on the pin. When the jaws are locked it won’t release then made double safe in place and secured with a pin.

I can say the same about my 18k Reese Signature hitch , same head as the Reese Elite. There is many quality hitches .

For what the OP is towing the Andersen would be ideal.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I will say B&W. The hitch head is safe. It’s is either correct or it won’t close on the pin. When the jaws are locked it won’t release then made double safe in place and secured with a pin.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
I have owned 5 RAM's two US Made and 3 Mexico. Many on the TDR would say their 2nd gen Mexi trucks were better built. I can't agree as all of mine have been great. The trucks made in either place are MOSTLY US Made components. My two US Made rAM's have over 400k each and are in great condition.

Chinese Made Products are simply Made In China.

Same can be said about made in china Reese hitches or any product made in china.....or your Ram made in Mexico.
You like your made in Mexico Ram. Same for those that like their made in china hitch.
Just be happy with your foreign made product.

I’m as equally happy with my Mexico Ram, as I am my China Sailuns . Foreign made is foreign made .

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned 5 RAM's two US Made and 3 Mexico. Many on the TDR would say their 2nd gen Mexi trucks were better built. I can't agree as all of mine have been great. The trucks made in either place are MOSTLY US Made components. My two US Made rAM's have over 400k each and are in great condition.

Same can be said about made in china Reese hitches or any product made in china.....or your Ram made in Mexico.
You like your made in Mexico Ram. Same for those that like their made in china hitch.
Just be happy with your foreign made product.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Same with the older Dodge/Rams made in the USA vs the newer Rams made in Mexico. Same size shoe."

First gen 2500/3500 RAM's were Made in US and Mexico as were Second gen trucks. After that I don't know.

What a lucky guy you are to have such great trucks.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Same with the older Dodge/Rams made in the USA vs the newer Rams made in Mexico. Same size shoe."

First gen 2500/3500 RAM's were Made in US and Mexico as were Second gen trucks. After that I don't know.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Dave H M wrote:
Long live REESE, :B that is all this ole country boy ever used.

The original US Made ones or recent years CHINESE Made units?

And would it make a difference , like Sailun tires believe it or not there are standards to build too. The US is not the only country that builds quality products . Are you going to tell us now Reese is no good ??

Same with the older Dodge/Rams made in the USA vs the newer Rams made in Mexico. Same size shoe.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Dave H M wrote:

And would it make a difference , like Sailun tires believe it or not there are standards to build too. The US is not the only country that builds quality products . Are you going to tell us now Reese is no good ??

Sunnyside42
Explorer
Explorer
If you're already sporting a long bed, I'd definitely look closely into the gen2 Goosebox. If you've got an OEM gooseball / puck system, the only thing in your bed is the gooseball. Compared to a traditional hitch, you'll save ~150+ pounds of payload.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dave H M wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Big1, welcome to the Club!

Looks like a "JEWEL".

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
B&W RVK3600 for me and I carry it on a hand dolly and pick the base up with a habor frieght hoist and once I get it in I can move it in the puck.

2022 Ram Laramie 3500 6.7L CTD CCLB
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Six of one! Get it lined and if concerned pain on some primer on the hole edges.

Good call on getting rid of the bed liner.