cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hidden Litter Box

tthompson26
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone made modifications to their toy hauler (perhaps more specifically a Solitude 374TH) for a cat box hidden in the basement? Or other place inside besides the shower?
7 REPLIES 7

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to find a good spot and with 2 boxes we really don't have anywhere convenient to put them so we put them in the garage and scoop often. Pity no one designs for pets! So many of us travel with them it would seem logical to do so.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We took the toilet out of the powder room and added this enclosed litter box and feeding station. Then built a climbing / clawing structure and cut a hole in the ceiling to give them access to the loft.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
You could look into getting a dog to chase away the cat.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking at getting a 374th. It has a good spot for litter box near the kitchen, where the W/D would go. We will not be getting a W/D so it works for us.

We would put in a cat "door" like we have in our Brookstone 354ts. It had an excellent place to put a box without too much trouble, the closet in the hallway.

Wife must have her cat(s) with her so any trailer we look at, we look for a good place for the box.

2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
No matter where you put it, a good dump equals a good stink.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Our bed is quite high off the ground so my idea is to make a tunnel into that large area with his box in there. I haven't actually done it yet because he wont go with us unless we take a longer trip but that's my plan.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a pet, but if you look on the Grand Design Owners Forum or the GD Facebook group it has been discussed in both places.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)