cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a water leak

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from the first trip of the year, finally! All went well, except the fifth wheel developed a water leak. I traced it down to a fitting to the outside shower; big hassle to the trip, but easy to get to.

Now the question: we don't use the outside shower, so if I cap off the hot and cold lines, will there be a problem com winterization? Water like to flow downhill, so I would have to figure out some how of propping up the ends to get all the water out. If any water was left in the line, could it burst? Most likely the best way to fix it is to get it connected right and be done with it.
4 REPLIES 4

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would repair it also just to have it available if needed.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure they're good shut off valves too. I would use good ball valves. None of the cheap plastic ****.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
put shut off valves on instead of caps.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
When I winterize I pump the "pink stuff" into system and the outside shower is the first thing I open and have the antifreeze come out. I then do bathroom including toilet then kitchen.

If it is not to big of a hassle I would just fix it and be done with it. You may not use it now but things happen and I'd rather have it then not IMHO.

Good luck!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle