cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glass in cupboard clinking

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
What are some of the ways you are keeping the glasses in the cupboard from clinking and breaking?
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.
11 REPLIES 11

Cheyenps
Explorer
Explorer
I use a plastic crate originally made for 1 liter soda bottles, found behind a grocery store.

The martini glasses are a bit too large so they get wrapped in socks before they are stowed.
Steve

2008 Thor California Summit 26RLS
2003 Ford F-350 SRW Crew Cab Utility

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

Or, you could eliminate the glasses and drink beer all the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best suggestion yet ๐Ÿ™‚
New to the RV world and loving every minute of it.
2015 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
I cut the top off of a 12 pack beer (bottle) box that has the cardboard dividers in it. All of our coffee mugs go in there so they can't move around and also have the divider between them, and the box fits nicely on the shelf. That's about all it needs.

Or, you could eliminate the glasses and drink beer all the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Our wine glasses are plastic and we only have a few cups.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
I cut the top off of a 12 pack beer (bottle) box that has the cardboard dividers in it. All of our coffee mugs go in there so they can't move around and also have the divider between them, and the box fits nicely on the shelf. That's about all it needs.

I did something similar, I took a six pack for a local brewery and cut the handle off. There are just two of us so only six glasses. I change it every so often in our travels for a reminder of some of the places we've been.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Use to put fat rubber bands around them. Replaced them with plastic.....
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
My wife jams partially used taper towel rolls against the glassware and bottles. Works well and you never run out of paper towels.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Lay them in a cabinet wrapped in dish towels.

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
We only keep plastic cups in the TT
New to the RV world and loving every minute of it.
2015 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Some buy new sox and use them as "cozies" for glassware.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard