cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator Q

Tinbangertom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Powerhouse 3100ri generator and plugged it in to my rig for the first time everything seemed fine till i turned on 1 of my a/c units and after a few minutes my surge protector was making lots of noise and blinking lights? any ideas, plugged back in the shore power everthing seems fine but thought this generator was more than enough power for 1 a/c thx Tom
:h Tom
:Z Laura
2020 Momentum 29G
2015 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
5 REPLIES 5

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tinbangertom wrote:
So basically bypass the surge protector?? is'nt that defeating the purpose of the surge protector any chance of frying anything??
I have never heard of generator surge, but you can if you like.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tinbangertom
Explorer
Explorer
So basically bypass the surge protector?? is'nt that defeating the purpose of the surge protector any chance of frying anything??
:h Tom
:Z Laura
2020 Momentum 29G
2015 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
X2. Tried running my 50amp 5er using a 30amp dogbone on my Precision Power EMS to my Champion 3100. A/C wouldnt run. Took the EMS off and the Champion ran both A/C fine (just not at same time). The PPE instructions say to not use with genny.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem with a Yamaha generator - got rid of the hard wired surge protector and went with a "portable one". Don't use the surge protector when running the generator.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Try taking the surge protector out of the line. You don't need it for that anyway. Either that or your generator is highly overrated.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman