cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

furnace igniter bad?

turbo210_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had this problem? Most times when I flip my thermostat switch to heat the unit comes on but shuts down and I need to flip the switch off and on anywhere from 2 6 times before furnace will turn with heat. Sound like an igniter problem? And if so has anyone replaced the igniter on there furnace? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

okoboji_fan
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem , it turned out to be the propane regulator.

turbo210_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I found the problem with furnace not coming on. As Chris thought it was a switch problem, I tapped on the Limit switch and now it will come on each time I tap that switch. So today I will try to find one locally. Thanks

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subntnew.pdf

turbo210_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I did find my model number SF35F and member, Chris said it may be a sail switch problem. I tapped on the top of furnace with my hand and turned on furnace and it did come on with heat. So I turned it off on 3 more times and it never came back on heat.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
OK Suburban. A few years back they had problems on some models that the ignitor would fire and you got a sputtering sound and the flame did not ignite above the burner tube, but inside the burner. The ignitor also functions as the flame sensor and did not sense a flame and would shut down. Cycling the furnace off and back on a few times and it would finally ignite. When it cycled again, it may or may not light. Suburban replaced ours and it was a bit under two years old.

You might try replacing the burner assembly, but I would just get a new furnace.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

turbo210_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot see the model number but it is a Suburban furnace in a 2004 Montana

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
What brand and model is your furnace?
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If it doesnโ€™t even try to ignite, I would bet on sail switch sticking.
-- Chris Bryant

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve replaced one. As I recall it would ignite then die. The igniter also serves as the flame sensor.