cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

From and 05 F350 to a 16

NorthernNeck_VA
Explorer
Explorer
How much difference will I see between the 2?

Thanks.

NNK
Jimmy & Kathy
Northern Neck, VA.
2013 Landmark San Antonio
2016 F350
2005 Ford F350, DRW, Diesel (SOLD)
2005 King of the Road "Royal Villa" 34BW (SOLD)

"The amateur does it 'til he gets it right. But the expert does it until he can't get it wrong."
23 REPLIES 23

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
ACZL wrote:
I'm just surprised as to the amount of non 5er questions (ie: trucks) that are not being moved to the towing/truck section.

If the question fits somewhat into this forum (we all use a truck to tow with) and is getting good response then there is no point in moving it. ๐Ÿ™‚ If it involves trucks and is not getting a good response, then I will move to the Tow Vehicle forum in hopes of improving the results for the poster.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just surprised as to the amount of non 5er questions (ie: trucks) that are not being moved to the towing/truck section.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I have gotten one from Barney. My "feeling" still hurts. :B

Not surprising... It's very obvious you're "Thin skinned"! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have gotten one from Barney. My "feeling" still hurts. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
WTP-GC wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
BarneyS wrote:
Those already exist in abundance. When I had my F250PSD I belonged to at least three PSD forums. Now with my Ram CTD I belong to three Ram forums. Get a little different perspective from each one.
Barney

Barney ,

I THINK that they may be saying that we need those sub forums on RV.net... Instead of just " Tow Vehicles"..?? That is Just what I read into that statement..

Joe

Well, I was actually being completely sarcastic. Dang, tough crowdโ€ฆ

Guess you should learn to put "smilies" into your post.
Or
I could delete it for trolling and get a nasty pm in return. :W
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
BarneyS wrote:
Those already exist in abundance. When I had my F250PSD I belonged to at least three PSD forums. Now with my Ram CTD I belong to three Ram forums. Get a little different perspective from each one.
Barney

Barney ,

I THINK that they may be saying that we need those sub forums on RV.net... Instead of just " Tow Vehicles"..?? That is Just what I read into that statement..

Joe

Well, I was actually being completely sarcastic. Dang, tough crowdโ€ฆ
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
DEF is the only difference that I could think of...those newer diesels 2011 and above are real mules...wish I could get a good deal on one. Chevy, Ford or Ram just as long as it was comfortable riding and pulled my fiver well.

BarneyS wrote:
Barney

Barney ,

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Barney
Not towing now.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"According to your other thread, you already bought the truck. So how about you tell us what difference you see between the 2. Otherwise, I don't understand the point of this thread."

YUP, see this all the time. "Hey just bought a XYZ what should I be concerned with" :R

LOL
What we need is an internet forum specifically for each brand so people can go research the different vehicles. This unique idea could be a community of people discussing the good and bad of their vehicles, possible improvements, etc. As a Cummins guy, I think we could call one for Rams something like..."cummins forum". Or if I had ford, we could call it "powerstroke.o-r-g"
SBGTF

I went from the "01" F-350 to the "05" to the "09" to my "15"...

The difference from the 05 to my 15 was HUGE ! ! This has been ( for me) a great truck to date.. It is a MULE ! ! ! NO COMPARISON
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"According to your other thread, you already bought the truck. So how about you tell us what difference you see between the 2. Otherwise, I don't understand the point of this thread."

YUP, see this all the time. "Hey just bought a XYZ what should I be concerned with" :R
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
NorthernNeck,VA wrote:
Super Duty Lariat. I don't remember seeing an exhaust brake on mine.

Yours and all the new diesels in LDTs HD trucks use a turbo brake which is built in the turbo with variable vanes or a sliding nozzle that restricts exhaust flow.
Doing a google has lots of diagrams/pictures on how Ford/Ram and GM diesel turbo brakes work.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
NorthernNeck,VA wrote:
How much difference will I see between the 2?

Thanks.

NNK

According to your other thread, you already bought the truck. So how about you tell us what difference you see between the 2. Otherwise, I don't understand the point of this thread.
SBGTF